Chapter 8 - All Nighter

Ford and (Y/N)stayed up the entire night talking. It turns out, the longer (Y/N) talked, the more she grew frustrated about how much she couldn't remember. Ford ended up using two pages in his journal to document his findings. "Oh, lord, this was fun." (Y/N) laughed, her smile interrupted by a yawn from Ford. "Whoops! Didn't mean to keep you up all night, old-timer." (Y/N)jokes, nudging Ford jokingly as he writes.

"You know, you're older than I am, so that statement doesn't count!" Ford proclaims, pushing (Y/N) aside playfully. "But seriously, it was a pleasure to get to know someone with the same mindset." (Y/N) nods. "Of course. And I guess i'll have to entertain Dipper and Mabel today, seeing as I kind-of stole their Great Uncle?"

Ford pretends to adjust his glasses as he rubs his eyes. "I suppose so. I have to return to my research." The two nod in a comfortable silence before (Y/N) hugs Ford and leaves to run upstairs. She walks out of the basement to see Mabel chasing after a pig. Dipper just walks over to (Y/N), watching her close the vending machine. "Hey (Y/N). Why were you in the basement? Did Ford question you some more? Did he run experiments??" Dipper asks, his curiosity getting the better of him.

(Y/N) laughs a bit and pats his head. "No, no, you've got it all wrong. We just talked. He had questions, and I answered them." Dipper fixes his hat and jumps when Mabel runs over to hug (Y/N). "Heyyyyy (Y/N)!" She squeals, before letting go of (Y/N). (Y/N) rubs her ears, and answers "Heeeyyy Mabel?" Mabel smiles sheepishly and says, "Sorry! Didn't mean to hurt your ears!"

(Y/N)laughs and assures Mabel its fine. "Oh, hey, is Stanley awake?" (Y/N) asks, looking around. Dipper shakes his head, "No, he's still asleep. Why?" (Y/N) walks over to their cabinets and looks around. "Well, since he and Stanford let me stay the night, I figured that I could make you all breakfast."