Chapter 5, Reverie

Songs to listen to while reading the chapter: Know What I Want by Kali Uchis
***************
The sun's perilous clutches escaped through the slots between each blind, coruscating it's beams throughout the dimly lit room.

My shoulders ached as I gently tilted my head to the side in an attempt to read the alarm clock beside me, it read 6:30 in the morning.

I slowly sat up and outstretched my arms, attempting to shake out the restlessness within me and soak in the brisk morning air. I left the window open at bay and as my eyes slowly registered the blurred blobs that was the scenery outside, a small finch stood perched on my window sill, it's head tilted ever so slightly as it watched me with analytic eyes.

I shook my head and rid of it of any and all thoughts and made my way to the bathroom. I let the water drip down every curve and cranny on my body and felt my curls from the night before slowly tame into straight tendrils.

After I exited the bathroom and dressed for the big day ahead of me in an outfit befitting of the manner:

I made my way down the spiraling staircase and was immediately greeted by a savory aroma that could only mean one thing

"Is that your famous blueberry waffles with hazelnut I smell?" I questioned Mya who was occupied in a sea of pots and pans with pools of flour in places flour should not be, it was a mess.

"How did you know?", she teased with a playful glint in her eyes.

"How could I not know? I could smell these babies from my room" I spoke, poking a fork into one of the ready ones of the few right before she could swat my hand away.

"Has Alesso contacted yet?" I questioned as I plopped a fresh and sour blueberry into my mouth, the crunch sending a rush through my veins.

"Yes he did, he said he'll be here by 7:30 or so with the papers. He spoke of some big news he said you'd be eager to know of" she spoke, distracted by the task at hand, sparking curiosity that bellowed within me.

"Did he mention what of?" I questioned again, my eyes analyzing her features.

"Nope", she breathed out, popping the 'p'.

After breakfast was deliciously served and I engulfed more than half of my bodily weight I made my way to the terrace for some fresh air, he should be here any minute now and I only get more and more impatient as the clock ticked away, what new thing could possibly be happening.

The doorbell rang and I knew it was Alesso, I ushered to the door and swung the door wide open and was greeted by his warm olive skin, hazel eyes, and brightly lit smile with dimples popping at the corners.

"Took you long enough," I frowned at him, making some room for him to enter into the house fully.

"Well good morning to you too, Aria. Why so grim?" he teased, knowing fully well why I'm so on edge. Last time someone made me wait this long for news I ended up running a huge cartel, you could only imagine what was brewing beneath the floor boards now.

"Would you stop worrying? It's nothing.. bad. Unless you make it, that is," he spoke over his shoulder as he made his way to a love seat seated in the guest living room.

"What do you mean?" I cautiously asked, worried of why I would think it was bad.

"A new deal has arisen. One deal I suggest you give thought to and don't pass up on, Aria," he drew out.

"Spit it out already, Alesso," I muttered angrily.

"There's one catch though.. the deal.. it's with Francisco," and little did I know these few words would lead to a series of unfortunate events to come.

******
SORRY THIS WAS SHORT ILY