Chapter 8

Chapter 8

                “Wake up sleepy head,” Sebastian greeted Emily when they awoke that evening. She ignored his request, and simply nestled more into his chest, hoping that he would give up and leave her alone. Sebastian however had other plans, and rolled over so that he had Emily pinned down beneath his grasp.

                “Wake up. Or I’ll tickle you,” he threatened jokingly. Emily kept her eyes firmly shut, and shook her head slowly. Sebastian moved his hand to her hip, before remembering the marks that he had seen the night before, and letting go of her. Emily felt the loss of presence, and opened her eyes immediately. Sebastian was sat on the side of the bed with his head in his hands. Emily placed her arm around him as he shook slightly.

                “I’m so sorry Emily,” he spoke quietly, his head still placed in his hands. “I’m sorry.”

                “Seb-”

                “No, Emily.” He looked up from his hands, and Emily could clearly see he was crying, something that she had never witnessed from Sebastian before. “Why do you forgive me? Why do you let me hurt you?” Emily did not answer. Partly because she didn’t know the answer, and partly because she was in shock at the words coming out of Sebastian’s mouth.

                “I love you so much Em, but when I get mad… I don’t know what comes over me. I hate myself for what I do to you.”

                “Seb… you know I love you, we all have our problems.”

                “I can understand why you spend so much time with Jeff.” Hayley looked down at her hands guiltily, before placing a gentle arm around his shoulder. She never expected much from Sebastian, but she would never have expected an apology, especially such a heartfelt one. Her heart was breaking at the sight of him.

                “Sebastian, look at me,” Emily paused while Sebastian’s watery eyes rose to meet hers. “I love you, no matter what; we can get through this… together.” Sebastian nodded. He pulled Emily onto his lap, delicately crying out the last of his tears onto her chest as she slowly fell asleep in her arms.

*********

                Emily sprung awake. She looked to her left to see that Sebastian was in fact not crying, and she was not asleep on his lap. She ruffled her hair slightly in annoyance. It was just a dream she thought Just a stupid dream. Emily began to get mad with herself for thinking up such a stupid dream; Sebastian would never apologise, it would be like this forever, or at least until they broke up. She had clung onto the hope that everything would be perfect in the end, so much that she had begun to dream about it, as if it would ever come true.

                Quietly, Emily snuck out of the bed and put on some clothes, before walking downstairs, into the living room. Jess and her mother, who seemed sober, were watching the television. She joined them on the couch, glad that her mother was not in her normal state, especially with Sebastian around. But her mother was not quiet for long.

                “My friends told me that a boy visited you last night,” Emily’s mum questioned. Where was she? Obviously passed out on the sofa Emily thought to herself.

                “Who is he?” her mother asked, keeping her eyes fixated on the television. Cara was about to make up an excuse, before Jess answered for her.

                “It was Jeff wasn’t it!” Jess yelled excitedly. “Is he still here?” Emily wished silently that Sebastian was still asleep. Jess had yelled loud enough to wake him up.