Meeting

"No. No, no. No." Vex growled. "I'm the bad guy. I'm not supposed to care 'bout the 'greater good' and such!" He glared at the hooded figure that stood in front of him. Just a few minutes ago, he had fallen from a mountain and died. And now he was standing in a dark void with only a Master for company.

"Trust me, you weren't my first pick, either." The cloaked creature snapped back. His cold blue eyes glowed underneath the shadows of his hood. "But you held my relic when you died, and so fate chose you."

"You want it back? Because you can take it. I just don't want any part of this."

"What if there was something in it for you?"

"Like what?"

"If you kill the Witch, you will be freed. No more killing without a second thought, stealing, etcetera. And when you're finished, I will show you to the Resting Place where you will spend eternity with Lilith."

Vex froze. His eyes widened and his muscles tensed. "You know Lilith?"

"I know everything about you. Now, are you ready to accept my offer?" He held out a rocky hand.

Vex grumbled before he reluctantly shook it.

Suddenly, they were in a throne room. White flags hung from the ceiling and a green rug laced in silver started from the gold throne, and ended at the wooden double doors.

They swung open as a tall, gray, winged man walked in with a similar-looking figure at his side. He wore the white garment of the Fifth Realm and he carried himself with respect. He didn't seem to notice Vex yet, since he was staring intently at the throne.

Two lights flashed in different corners of the room. The one on the left side, Vex recognized instantly as the General of the Imperial Order. He had dark hair and eyes, yet his skin was tinted red and his ears were ever so slightly pointed.

On the right side, was a short woman with black skin and hair with strands of orange, and bright eyes. She wore all navy blue, except for her brown boots. Her eyes laid on the winged-man and, after a moment of shock, grew furious and leaped at him.

Vex took a step back as the two fought. As this happened, General Saul spotted him and his blue skin. "Jaddak!" He shouted.

Vex jumped into the air and dug his claws into a pillar, high above the Jaddak-killing-machine.

"Coward!" Saul yelled at him as the others wrestled on the floor.

"Stop!" The female with white wings flew into the air and clapped her hands together, which let out a mighty blast of wind. Everyone was thrown into separate parts of the room, dazed.

She fluttered down and gave each of them a glare. "You are each chosen to represent us. You will work together."

Vex sat up from being tossed into a pile of bronze pots. "You didn't tell me about them." He hissed at his hooded man.

He ignored the Jaddak and stood beside the winged woman. "My name is Grinil, Master of the Third Realm. This is Kilop, Masteress of the Fifth Realm. Over there is Himilen and Wulvurs." He pointed first to a figure with tinted red skin, like Saul, but with white hair and eyes. Then he motioned to another, tall female with black and orange skin, and hair made of fire.

"You will be our replacements until you can defeat the Witch."

"Wait, wait, wait." Vex interrupted, ignoring the glare from Saul. "I thought there was supposed to be Five o' you—er—us."

The masters fell silent until Himilen answered, "the Fifth has not been decided. It is up to you to find them."

"Could you give us a general direction in which to find the Fifth?" Saul asked.

"The Second Realm."

A heavy silence bore down on the group. Many years ago, the Second Kingdom had been destroyed and overtaken by nomads. Now, only traitors, spies, renegades, and mercenaries roamed the rotten land. Kingdoms had often tried to overtake the Second Realm, but it was far too vast to conquer. The best they could do was fence it off, but even then, it couldn't keep anything from both leaving and exiting.

"You want us to go there? Together?" Wulvurs' Chosen asked.

"We do, Anali." Himilen confirmed.

Another silence.

"How are we supposed to find each other?" The winged-man with pointed facial features asked.

"Names would be a good start." Wulvurs crossed her arms. "Let us know when you're ready."

Anali, Saul, and big-bird made their way to the center, inspecting each other cautiously.

"I am Quilo." The prince of the Fifth realm quietly said.

"Oh, look, he speaks." Anali snapped.

"Now's neither the time nor place." Saul reprimanded. "We're going to be working closely with each other."

"What about him?" Quilo tipped his head was in the direction of the throne.

Vex felt his shoulder muscles bunch as all eyes laid on him. He smoothly put on a smirk to cover his unease, and stayed at a safe distance from them. "The name's Vex. At yer service."

"Vex?" Saul's eyes lit up in amazement and resentment. "You're at the top of my list for most wanted Jaddaks."

"Not anymore, seeing as we're gonna be crew mates from now on."

"You must be joking." The General said to no one in particular.

"'Fraid not, laddy." He clicked his tongue. "You're gonna haf'ta call off yer doggies."

"At least you can shift into whoever you'd like. How am I supposed to meet with Quilo without being at all suspicious?" Anali budded in.

"We're dead, aren't we?" Quilo murmured. "So no one will be looking for us. Right?" He glanced at Kilop, who nodded.

"You will be spawned in the Second Realm. You can find each other from there."

"Sounds like'ah plan." Vex flashed his fangs. "So how's it work? You gonna blast us back or somethin'?"

"Take out your relics." Grinil grumbled.

Saul watched in confusion as Anali dug out her pearl, Quilo held his mask, and Vex grabbed onto the black knife hidden in his boot. "Where did you find that?"

Himilen placed a hand on Saul's chest. "Yours was embedded into you the day you became General, don't you remember?"

As the hooded Masters placed their hands on their Chosen, white light poured from the relics. The brightness steadily rose until it was almost blinding, and then, suddenly, they vanished.