PROLOGUE

As they stand in the middle of the field, surrounded by the sakura petals on the ground, Koetsu Shoji observes Kanbe Kai, the leader of the Kanbe clan, and also his childhood friend. For the past 10 years, he has been by Kanbe Kai's side, loyal to him as his most trusted second in command. He knew how his friend feels about sakura.

He watch Kanbe Kai caught one of the sakura petals on his palm and notices his lips trembles. 10 years had passed but the memories still fresh in his brain, like it happened just yesterday. But it intensifies due to certain event that happened a few days ago.

His grip on his sword hilt tightens as though he can feel what his leader and friend feels. He misses her. Both of them misses her.

"When will you stop mourning her, my friend." He finally speaks up.

Kanbe Kai turns his head to his friend. His friend didn't understand. Nobody does. How can they? They are not the one who found their bodies. Her body. His heart breaks again and again. Can he stop remembering her when she's the only light that brightens his dark life.

"How can I stop Shoji, if every sakura season all I can think about is her. Sakura reminds me of her. Even though I burnt down the remaining of Sakura Palace, this sakura still can't make me forget her."

Both of them paused for a moment. As if to digest the logic behind Kanbe Kai's words.

"The new general--"

"Is not her." Koetsu Shoji interrupts.

                   ....

Few days ago...

Blood Court is full with the subjects of the kingdom. Each side of the court are seated by the 2 royal clans; Kanbe and Ogura. Every year, the king will invite them to the Blood Court to have a big feast and to present the king their respect.

The court is surrounded and guarded by the member of Blood Army. All of them are wearing the official half-mask of Blood Army; a navy blue half-mask that covers only their eyes and upper nose. There are also people wearing red half-mask; the upper officers. White half-mask; the maid that serve the Blood King.

The sound of three gong echoes all around the court, signaling the arrival of the Blood King thus, silencing all the attendees. All in standing position. Heads are bow down. No one dares to lift their head, the king hates eye contact if not by demand.

As usual, the king, wearing golden red half-mask are accompanied by his two trusted armies, his bodyguard and his admiral. The Admiral. Kento Kazuya. Two of them wearing black half-mask to symbolize the power of their position in the Blood Army.

But no, that's not what attracts the attendees. Not the admiral, not the bodyguard or the sexy concubines following behind them. It's the woman walking beside Blood King proudly.

No one, no one ever walks beside Blood King, not even his closest family, not even the black half-masked men.

Both of the clans exchanging glances.

Kanbe Kai focused on the woman beside the Blood King. Even with her half mask on, he knew, she is a beautiful woman, wearing the Blood Red coloured tunic, on left side breast was the insignia of Blood Army. Her katana hanging behind her back.

"Thank you for coming. Before we begin the feast, I have something to say." The Blood King said. His eyes seems to be searching for someone. Once caught, his upper lips turns up.

All the attendees holding their breath, waiting for the king's next word.

"This woman beside me is my new General."

Again, the king's eyes never waver from where he is staring at.

"This is Ari."

Ari put right fist to her left breast, on  the Blood Army insignia, then she bows. Her long dark hair fall in direction to the ground. Her exposed left hand was covered by flowery tattoo, from her upper arm to her inner shoulder. It was at the moment, that the attendees knew that something is changing in the Blood Court.

It also didn't missed by the crowd that the Blood King was maintaining eye contact with the Kanbe's clan leader the whole time. Kanbe Kai.

Koetsu Shoji saw Kanbe Kai's clenched fist and stared back at the woman named Ari. The first woman in the Blood Army, wearing black half-mask and walking beside the Blood KIng. Who is she?

p/s: the song i attached to this chapter was the reason i made this story. The song represent this whole story. So i hope you all will stay with me through this journey. Arigathanks :)