42.

The looks Jamie is receiving across the table are making me feel awkward never mind him, Amy is still furious with him and obviously waiting for the right moment to fire.

"I'm going to the ladies," I said leaving the table.

"Okay," Jamie replied.

I was right, I'd hardly got to the toilet door and Amy had let loose at Jamie. She's a very protective friend and in some ways I should thank her for it, I'm just a little protective over Jamie myself.

"That's no excuse Jamie!" she snapped.

"I know it's not, but."

"But nothing."

They looked up at me as I returned.

"Don't stop on my account," I spoke.

"No, please do," Jamie mumbled.

"I haven't even started," Amy muttered.

"Leave it Amy," Lewis said as I sat back down. "We'll go order."

"Will we?" Amy asked.

"Yes."

They left me and Jamie at the table sitting awkwardly, luckily I have Charleigh to occupy myself.

"What a great idea this was," Jamie moaned.

"What did you expect?" I shrugged.

"It's got nothing to do with her."

"Lewis wouldn't hear the end of it from me if he'd cheated on Amy, although he wouldn't dream of it."

"Well there's a time and a place."

"I'm sure you haven't heard the end of it."

Jamie frowned back at me.

"What?" I asked.

Just then Amy and Lewis returned with more drinks.

"I'm sure you're sick of orange juice but it was Amy's call," Lewis said passing me my glass.

"It's fine, thank you."

"I've been meaning to ask you if you're thinking about going back to work?"

"Steady, Charleigh is only five weeks," Jamie said.

"Not anytime soon, I've just had some friends ask me. Apparently your stand in is shit."

"Oh. I haven't thought about it yet but I might go back part time," I replied.

"Do you fancy a trip to the salon next week?" Amy asked.

"I'm not sure, it depends on Charleigh's mood. She's been unsettled lately."

"Jamie can look after her."

"I'm working until five," he replied.

"We can go at six," she continued. "I'm sure you will cope."

"I would if I could Amy."

"It's fine. Like I said, it depends on Charleigh's mood," I sighed.

"Let me know."

It's now so tense across this table!

"Why did I even arrange to meet up?!" Jamie growled back at home throwing his keys in the basket.

"Here we go," I sighed.

"All she's done is pick and piss me off."

"She's pissed off at how you've treated me."

"She could still back off a bit."

"You're lucky I have, Jamie you've had it easy considering what you've done," I said.

"I understand why you're angry and I appreciate the way you've dealt with it but like I said, this has nothing to do with her. She's said her piece and that should be it," he replied.

"Alright, I'll have a word with her. Now can you please drop it?"

He nodded.

"Are you coming to bath Charleigh with me or not?" I asked.

"Yeah course."

"Here, take her and I'll go and run it."

I went upstairs filling up her baby bath and taking her towel into the bathroom with me, everything else I need is in her nursery.

"Ready?" Jamie asked bringing Charleigh upstairs.

"Yeah it seems the right temperature."

He laid her down with support and kneeled beside me at the bath watching over her.

"She really is your double," he smiled.

"Anyone would think she's yours with those big, bright eyes."

He just smiled continuing to make her bath time fun for all three of us, the first bath she had didn't go too well.

After a while we got her out and got her ready for bed in a pretty pink sleep suit. I laid her down on the mat with Jamie sitting beside me.

"I wish she was mine," he whispered.

"Yeah, so do I sometimes."

That knocked him back, wether its because he didnt think I heard him or the comment in general but he's shocked.

"Tiffany, you do confuse me."

"Why?"

"The other night you wished we never got together."

"I said sometimes."

"But why?"

"Because of all the arguing, things seemed better when we were friends and you were doing what you wanted to do."

"I keep telling you what I want," he insisted.

"I know you do."