Moves Don't Make Psychos

I entered the Psych classroom and sat behind Sidney. A boy with greasy hair and wearing a white t-shirt and flannel looked at me. "Are you new?" He said, turning to me.

I look at him "Yeah...I'm Alex. I moved here from Seattle..."

He smirks "I'm Billy Loomis.What class do you have next?"

I glanced at my Schedule "Um...Honors History."

He looked at me with a sly smile "Me too. I'll show you around if you want."

I look at Sidney, "Um Sidney's already showing me around...But thanks for the offer. . ."

He looked at Sidney and raised an eyebrow. "I guess you weren't the only one that was told to show Alex around."

She shrugged and continued paying attention to the teacher, who was talking about dual psychosis

When psych was over I walked with Sidney to History and she informed me that she and Billy has broken up a week ago. they needed a break for a bit, according to her. I sat next to Billy in History and he said they broke up because Randy had feelings for her. I don't think Sydney felt the same way though. But regardless, they were on a break . . .

I had study hall after History, and once again I was with Billy.

After the teacher took attendance, we were basically free to do whatever we wanted, whether it was socializing sleeping or just messing around.

Billy looked at me, "Want to do 20 Questions?" I smiled a bit, "Yeah, might as well. I mean we'll pretty much be spending all day together, might as well get it off to a good start"

He smiled a little, "I'll go first, Why did you move here from Seattle of all places?"

I look at him and bite my lip, "Um...It's hard for me to talk about it but here it goes: my parents lived in Seattle and I was born there. It was basically sunshine rainbows and unicorns until about 3 months ago.

"My mom was out with a few of her friends from college and they weren't far from our house, probably a 15- 20 minute walk or something like that. My mother was on her way home that night, but she never actually came home...I was getting ready for school the next morning when my alarm went off and I turned on the tv while I was drinking my coffee and saw that my mother was almost sexually assaulted before she was stabbed in the chest, gutted like a fish and had her throat slit..." I say, doing my best to hold back tears

"I started crying and I sprinted upstairs to tell my dad...He was just as upset as I was... The funeral was held a week and a half later...I wasn't in school for that entire time period between when I found out about her murder and the funeral service..."

"That's horrible...I'm sure Sidney already told you that she went through a similar situation last year..." he said doing his best to be comforting, even though he barely knew me.

I nod, wiping a few tears away with my flannel and trying my best to not smear my eyeliner.

I calm myself down for a few moments before asking the next question "what's your favorite movie?"

He smiled, "Damn, I have so many but I'm just going to keep it general so I don't go off on a rant all day. I love horror movies, the good, the bad and the just plain shitty. I love all of them."

I smile a little "Same here. I'll probably have to take a break from specific franchises for a while though...I'm still getting over my mom's death and it will be too much for me to handle if I go full tilt into the horror genre so soon after he murder..."

He nods, "Just take it slow...Start with the classics, like Dracula, Frankenstein and the early but classic monster horror movies. That's more fictional, so that will probably be easier on your brain as well as your emotional and mental state."

"Yeah...Thanks...That actually helps. I appreciate it...."
"No problem...Sid was the same way, granted she wasn't a big horror movie fan but she had some things she couldn't watch or read because they reminded her about what happened with her mom..."