I

Alana Grace, a feature in the young doctor's life.  He couldn't go without seeing her blonde, fade to red, locks bouncing in the wind that came off the river, seeing her deep violet eyes dance in the sun.  The two now had a shared home together, gifted by Nadia, and the royal court, as a small thank you for defying the odds, and bringing down the Devil and the plague alike.  All of their needs would be taken care of by the state for the rest of their lives, so they can live out their days in happiness.  Portia would often stop by, to bring them small home commodities, as well as to see her beloved brother, and often the two would tease and prod at each other, until Alana came back into the small home, seeing Portia and meeting her open embrace.  

At his current point in time, Alana was outside in their garden, Julian had been at work, as he now ran a small clinic, free of charge and welcome to anyone, he had grown exponentially. With the clinic also being funded by the state, things were easy for them.  Alana had wiped her hands on the small gardening apron, picking up her basket of tools and trinkets to bring it back inside.  She then went to the water basin, cleaning each tool as well as her hands before drying everything and setting things to the side.  She hung up her apron, and moved back to the small chair siting next to their fireplace, picking up a nearby book, until she heard the door open.

"I'm home, my dear," Julian's voice rang through the house, getting to Alana, and she set her book down, smiling, bringing herself up to meet him in the hallway just outside of their small kitchen.

"How was the clinic?" She asked, bringing her arms around his waist, standing just back enough to look up at him, his auburn hair falling in a halo around his chiseled jaw, his grey eye meeting the gaze of her own.

"Not as busy as usual, calm," he described, loving the way that her appreciative gaze found its way all over him, and he pulled her back a bit, just enough to take off the large leather gloves, and his coat, hanging it on the hook set just by the door, then returned to her warm embrace.  He gripped her shoulders lightly, bringing his face down just enough to press a soft kiss to her forehead.

In turn she giggled a bit, "Would you like anything?  I can start dinner if you'd like," she offered, letting her gaze linger as she moved into the small kitchen, a small wood burning stove perched in the corner, and she leaned against the counter. 

Julian smiled lightly, making his way over to her, "I would love to treat you tonight, darling," he spoke, rubbing a firm hand down her arms, sending shivers down her spine.

"Oh, Ilya, you don't have to," Alana spoke subtly, using the doctor's given name, a bright smile on her lips.  

"I may not have to, but dear, I want to," the doctor said, letting himself nestle himself into the hand on his cheek.  He knew that she wouldn't want to deny him, she never wanted to deny him, she felt far too guilty afterward to even consider denying him again.

"If you insist," she said at last, and the auburn haired man grinned, smiling at the other in such a way that made her melt.

But, the taller of the two had a large plan, and knew she wouldn't be able to resist his plea, and it was a very detailed plan.  

After the two had defeated the Devil, they had gone on their first true date, granted it was nothing special, he had taken her to the Rowdy Raven, they had a few drinks, shared a few laughs, had some amazing food, and eventually went along their way home.  Now, it's been about a year since that true first date, although they had stolen moments together, and he had claimed that he had loved her in the Devil's realm, and it was definitely more than true.  He nearly gave his life to make sure she would live hers to the fullest.  Bu this one was going to be different, he was going to propose, he wanted to marry this girl, he wanted to start a family, he wanted pets, he wanted to live through the mundane life with the one he was meant to be with.  

But worry continued to go through his head.  What if she didn't want the same?  Or what if he was rushing things?  What would happen if they had to save Vesuvia again?

He didn't realize he was set in a daze until she had cupped his face in her hands, and was staring at him, her gaze filled with worry, and her eyes began to water, she figured that it was another one of his episodes.  He now got these psychological episodes that led him to think that he was back in the Devil's realm, reliving all of those events, seeing Alana in chains and all, but this time he was simply lost in thought.

"I'm alright, love, what did you say?" he said carefully, moving his thumbs under her eyes to wipe away the small tears that began to form.

"I asked what you'd like to do tonight," she spoke, her voice small, and still filled with as much concern that she had stared at him with, "Was that another episode?" 

"No, beautiful, I was simply lost in thought," he said, hoping to bring some calm on the other, "But, I'd like to take you to the upper end of own, now, go put on something nice," he finished, a smug smile on his face, pulling himself away, and holding both of her tiny hands in his own.

"B-But Julian!  That's way expensive!  I'm not letting you do that," she said, and sure most things were provided by the state now, but they did manage to pay for themselves with the little money they get from the clinic, all of their dates came out of their personal pockets, and small things like that.  Little did Alana know, but Julian had been keeping some of it from her, saving it specifically for this occasion.

"Oh, honey, don't worry about that tonight, I promise you everything will work out," Julian spoke, letting her hands fall, "Now, go wash up, put on something nice, I will treat you tonight if it's the last thing I do."

Alana reluctantly agreed, moving to their small shared bedroom, while Julian moved to their tiny bathroom, cleaning himself up, getting a clean shave, putting on his best clothes.

He waited by the door for her, she never took long, but this time she took longer than expected, and it began to worry him.  "Alana?" he called to the house, not hearing the usual click of her heels walking toward him, but after a few seconds he heard it, and she looked ravishing.  

Alana had pulled her hair behind her, in a high ponytail, and the ends were perfectly straight, and she had used the hair comb that Julian had bought her months ago for the first time, holding it in place.  She was wearing a long red gown, with a slit in the leg, with gold detailing, and black heels.  He had never seen her look this nice before, not for their usual date nights.  

"Well, since you're treating me, I thought I'd do a little extra tonight, if that's okay?" she said, a nervous giggle following behind has she rubbed the back of her neck, and that's when he noticed that she was even wearing makeup!  She never did that!

He had to force himself to speak to her, he no longer felt worthy of  being her escort for the evening, "T-That's perfectly okay!  You look absolutely beautiful, Alana!" he gasped, feeling the heat rise to his cheeks.

Alana let out a soft giggle, and grabbed his arm for him to escort them both.  And this is when Julian thought, this is it, I'm going to make this gorgeous woman my wife.