.13

Allyson Blake

Everything seemed a blur. The ambulances, the police officers, the amount of people trying to help. It all seemed like part of a dream, no, a nightmare.

I was seated in the back of the ambulance along with Chance who was on the stretcher going in and out of consciousness.

I felt like I couldn't speak. I felt frozen.

"A-Ally." I looked down and met Chance's eyes. His face got blurry by the tears that were welding up in my eyes.

"I'm going to be okay. Don't cry." He spoke softly, reaching up and wiping my tears away with his hand. I gave him the softest smile, not wanting to freak him out. I didn't pay much to what the paramedics were saying but by the looks on their faces, it didn't seem good.

His eyes started to shut and the heart monitor began to beat faster. My eyes widened. From my experience of watching Grey's Anatomy, I knew this wasn't good.

"His bp is dropping." The one paramedic said, grabbing a syringe from the compartment and pushing it into Chance's iv.

The monitor was still racing and I felt myself starting to hyperventilate.

We arrived at the ambulance bay of the hospital and the doors swung open and they immediately got him out and rushed him inside.

I followed until a nurse pushed me back before I could enter the doors to the room they took him in.

"Miss you can't go back. The doctors are doing their job to help your boyfriend." I looked up at her and finally found words.

"He- He's not my boyfriend. It's, it's complicated." I spoke softly, still scared out of my mind.

"Okay. Is there anyone you can call to come sit with you?" I stared at the door to the room as she talked to me.

I couldn't call the boys. I couldn't call Cassidy. How would I tell them the news? Especially right before a show day?

"My sister." I finally decided that I needed to tell them so they wouldn't go crazy.

"Okay. I'll show you to the waiting room where you can call her." The nurse put a hand on my back and led me to the empty waiting room, considering it was nearly ten at night.

She patted my back and walked away, back to the room I assumed.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and unlocked it, seeing multiple texts from Cass and tons of missed calls from her and the rest of the guys.

I clicked the most recent person who called me and held the phone up to my ear.

"Ally where are you and Chance? We're about to leave the venue!" I let out a shaky breathe and felt a tear go down my face.

"Drew, you guys need to come to the hospital." I shakily spoke and it was silent for a few seconds.

"What? Is everything okay?" I shook my head, knowing damn well he couldn't see me.

"It's Chance. Just please get here soon." I felt more tears fall down my face and I heard him mumble a quick "Okay" before the line went dead.

I clutched my phone to my chest and sat in one of the chairs. I stared blankly at the wall for what seemed like forever until a group of people rushed in.

"Allyson!" I felt the presence of my little sister and felt her arms wrap around me and hold me tight.

"What happened?"

"Is he okay?"

"Is he alive?"

"Why were you two gone for so long?"