Done 2

After I get out the door, I began darting to school. The air is brisk, so I pull my hoodie closer around me. It takes me about four minutes to walk to school; today, as it's chillier, I make it in three. The trees are bare, frost on the grass and no birds in sight. The sky is blank like it wiped from all living creatures and light away. As I turn the corner of the block to my school, there he is... Marcus, standing with his friends, snickering. I wish I could just turn around and go back home. He has always made fun of me ever since the incident. But I know running away isn't the answer so I put my hood up and slowly walk passed him hoping he does not notice me. I got past him and I walk away from him with relief, but suddenly I hear

"Hey, Miller."

I am stopped dead in my tracks, startled by the greeting. The footsteps of his heavy combat boots hitting the pavement are getting closer. Feeling a tug at my hoodie, I turn around and there he is just staring at me.

He thinks he is better than me because he is bigger and stronger, but he has a high level of ignorance. I am much smarter than he is.

"So how is my little girly boy doing?" Marcus says snickering with his group. Staying quiet I look down, trying not to make eye contact. I slowly turn to go to class. "Bye E-vaaan," Marcus mocked me with a baby voice. Nobody thinks I can stand up for myself. I guess they are right. I'm just a little boy, that everyone pushes around.

The class is about to start; I have history first so I make my way there. I sit in the seat next to my best friend. "Hey Stella," I say waving to greet her. The teacher comes in and writes the warm-up "Talk about your ancestry" Sadly I am not able to answer that I never talk to my mom since she's always sucking on a bottle, and my dad died before I was born. So I just made up some crap to put down on my paper they are all lies. The teacher is now letting us read our answers aloud. Of course, he called on me shaking I stand up and start speaking. "Um, my dad was... Ugh, I mean my dad's cousin's dad was related tough... Aaron Burr."

"HAHA that such a lie his dad is dead, he's never met him and I'm even smart enough to know that," Marcus shouts.

"That is enough Marcus!" Mr. Watson yells.

As I storm out of the room Stella follows yelling

"EVAN! Come back!"

I lean against the wall and fall to the floor crying. Stella sits next to me and puts her hand on my shoulder. She tells me "It's okay, Marcus just wants attention and not to listen to him."

"No he's right I've never even met my dad my mom doesn't acknowledge my existence I am worthless, no one gives a shit about me. Maybe I shouldn't even be here.

"You really do., if you were not here I would not be the person I am today and you will make it through whatever you are going through right now."

I fight the urge to argue with her and we walk back to class, but when I got there Marcus was gone. I asked, "Where has he has gone."

Mr. Watson Says "He was sent to the head administrator's office."

That's good, at least he is not here. We take our seats and take out our notebooks. The lesson is over and now I can go see Maddie. Speaking of the devil there she is.

"Hey, babe how was your day?"

She looks at me like she knows there is something wrong. She asks me if there is anything wrong. I shake my head and she takes my hand as we walk to English.

As we are walking down the hall I get a call on my phone. It is a blocked number so I tell Maddie

"Get us seats and I'll be in."