A Little Light

Impurities run through the human race. They are so easily corrupted and shrouded in bitter darkness.
They say that even the smallest light can clear away even the thickest darkness of one's soul?

How stupid.
It's not that simple.

It's like being trapped in a dark room. If you want to make a light first you have to wander around without seeing in search of a match. After you waste all your time finding the match and you light it, obstacles that made it so difficult before are now visible and you can easily evade them.

After striking the match, you begin your search for the light switch to turn on a continuous light in the room. If you run out of your match, you have to look for a new one. Light from a small thing never lasts forever. But what if that was the only match, and now it's a fruitless search for the light switch, or a search for a new match that isn't even there. Then there is no way to bring light into the dark room.

Lets say you found the light switch. You flick it on and suddenly the room is a whole lot brighter. Yet, all the objects you were stumbling over when it was dark have not disappeared. They're still there, and they're still casting a shadow.

If you ask me, it sounds like too much work trying to light up the room. I mean, eventually the light bulb will burn out anyways. Plus there is no way to completely clear and heal the damaged souls of any creature.
Things like that aren't so easily fixed.

The corrupted will still have a twisted side to them, because if the room has obstacles, there are still many shadows cast.
You can't easily forget tripping over an obstacle, because the past is not easily forgotten.

It's just a pain to have someone else try to light your room just to find they used up their single match, then leave you in a seemingly endless darkness.
It's even worse to have someone flick on the lights with the switch just to have them purposefully turn it off again.

Humans are gross, corrupted creatures. Maybe it's best to just not bother with the matches and leave them be.

~Seishi's Perspective