Chapter 7

Levy

Gajeel looked at me. "I won't do anythin' if you don't want me to, I promise. But I do ask you to trust me, just like I trust you."

'He trusts me?'

I couldn't help but smile. Gajeel and I had gotten closer in these past days, but what Lucy said about him hurting me in the end was still floating in ny head. At least it was good to know he saw me as a friend and something told me he'd never hurt a friend. However my smile faded as I came back to reality and tears went down my face again.

"My..... My boyfriend hit me," Was all I managed to say.

Gajeel took a step back. "Your..... boyfriend?"

I could see both shock and anger in his eyes, but there was also a strange hint of sadness.

I looked down and nodded. "We've had arguments before, but it had never gotten so bad; I must have said something really bad to have made him that angry-"

"And you're still with him?!?!" Gajeel snapped as he punched the wall. "A real man would never hit a woman, that shit's for cowards! Don't you dare blame yourself you understand!?"

I jumped back in fear. "I'm sorry..." I said, then my knees gave out.

I stayed on the floor and hugged myself tightly; I had never seen Gajeel upset before. I closed my eyes and cried silently, but then felt a familiar pair of arms pull me into a warm embrace. I burried my face into his chest and hugged him tightly. He gently rested his head on mine.

"Levy, promise me you won't let him hurt you..." Gajeel's voice was sweet and gentle, very different from his usual rough one. "You're worth more than you think."

He lifted my chin softly and looked at me. I felt like I was under a spell or something because I couldn't look away. His crimson eyes were strange but beautiful, so full of kindness. He began to lean in as his warm hand cupped my cheek. He was so close I could feel his cool breath; his forehead pressed against mine, and our lips just inches apart.

"Gajeel," I whispered, which caused him to smile.

My heart was beating really fast and I had a weird sensation in my stomach. It was as if time was frozen and all we had now was this moment. I knew this was wrong, but everything felt just right. I smiled at him and leaned in slowly as I closed my eyes.

'Gajeel-

"*Ahem* Sweet heart, are you feeling better?"

I jumped back both from surprise and embarrassment. Gajeel quickly got up and helped me up, handing me the sunglasses to hide my purple-ish eye. I turned around to see my dad standing in front of us, giving us one of his 'suspicious' smirks.

"Thank you for getting Levy out of her room Mr. Redfox, I was really starting to worry. Would you like to stay for dinner?"

Gajeel rubbed the back of his neck.

"Umm..." he said, giving me an embarrassed look.

I smiled at him and nodded in approval, which made him relax a little.

"I would be honored sir. But please, call me Gajeel," he answered.

Dad smiled at him. "Alright then, Gajeel, how about you keep Levy company while I finish cooking?" he winked at us and went back into the kitchen. I smirked evilly at Gajeel.

"Well then, Mr. Redfox? Shall you keep me company?" I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Pft, go take of those shades, shrimp," he said, ruffling my hair.

I playfully punched him in the arm and went back to my room to cover up my now-very-purple eye. I looked in the mirror and chuckled.

'With all the comotion I even forgot about this. Hopefully everything will be alright for the dance though...'