Crossroads

[A/N: Here's my very first attempt at a Stevie Nicks fanfic, I'm so sorry if she seems out of character or anything. I'm trying my best. This idea came to me, when I was watching the Lady Antebellum and Stevie Nicks episode of CMT Crossroads. I believe Stevie's exact words were, "If I ever had a daughter, I would want her to be you." And this made me think, Hillary looks an awful lot like Stevie. She could even look a bit like Lindsey, so, a BuckinghamNicks baby she became! No disrespect is meant to Stevie, Lindsey, Hillary or Hillary's family with this! It's simply an idea my brain concocted after watching them together. Enjoy! ~Jaded]
————————————————————
Stevie's POV

When I had been asked to do CMT Crossroads with Lady Antebellum, at first I was hesitant.

They were country, I was rock. Would we even fit together?

Then I realized, I didn't care if we did or not, the point was to have a good time.

To cross genres, and give a good show. Well, I was certainly good at it.

And I knew they were too, I'd followed their work for some years now.

Always having had some sort of unexplainable connection to the band, aside from my love of their music.

Their music, made me want to be in love. And while I'd made a conscious decision not to seek love out anymore.

Somedays, with those songs. I began to think that I had made the wrong choice.

Although, love never had been particularly easy for me.

Least of all with the person I wanted most, sometimes I still longed for it.

Going into rehearsals today, with Lady A certainly made that longing more noticeable.

They were all young, fresh faced, so happy. All married, working cohesively as a band, and as friends.

It was truly impressive to see the way a normally functioning band could be.

Fleetwood Mac was certainly never anything like Lady Antebellum.

Not even at the very beginning of my career with them.

There had always been some form of tension, some form of miscommunication.

Someone was always angry, or jealous, or hurt.

There was lots of sex, lots of relationship flaunting. Packing up and shacking up, as Lindsey would say.

Lindsey. He was weighing heavily on my mind today.

And I had a feeling it was thanks to Lady A's wonderful front woman.

Hillary Scott, was the epitome of sweet, cute, gentle, and loving.

The exact opposite of just about everything Fleetwood Mac was.

The exact opposite, of what most people thought I was as well.

She was so soft spoken, but still authoritative. Kind, but firm, and there was something about her.

Sometimes, when you looked at her, or maybe it was just me.

You couldn't help but see, a six year old. So sweet, and soft as she was.

And the thought that kept running through my mind, and eventually made it out of my mouth was.

"If I ever had a daughter, I'd want her to be you."

She teared up, tissues were brought out, and we all gave her a moment to collect herself.

After all, she was pregnant and highly hormonal. Not that Stevie Nicks would know anything about that, right?