3 | Down to business

CHAPTER THREE
Down to business

CHAPTER THREEDown to business

JIM'S POV

Something about that guy. He understands more than he let's off. I'm not even sure if he knows the full extent of his intuition. One things for sure.

He's dangerous...

I like it.

It has been three days since I went to his house, since he agreed to my game. He is certainly an interesting character, always unpredictable-!

I walk into the office in my large mansion, not fully believing the sight before me. Two black buckled boots are resting upon my desk, the person sitting in my chair hidden by what looks to be one of my more classified client files. Naturally, I assume it to be the so called Renzo Drake... and naturally, I'm right.

"Mr Drake, what are you doing in my office?" I ask impatiently, this boy knows just how to push my buttons, but then again, that's his job I suppose.

"You didn't call." He pouts, lowering the file and looking at me with an innocent face. I can't tell if it's genuine or his acting, it looks pretty genuine, I don't believe someone can fake that.

I smile a little, his excuse is cute; and not going to work. I'm not like his past acquaintances, I know he's trying to wriggle his way into my head.

"I know I didn't, now what do you want?" I sigh, walking round my desk, shooing him to the other side and taking my place in the comfortable swirly chair. He takes the seat across from me, studying my face.

"I'm bored, and I want to get to know you." He replies, his facial expression changing completely to a look of boredom, a burst of excitement in his silver eyes.

"Says the information broker." I counter, not daring to allow such precious information onto the streets of London; who knows who could hear it.

"I wouldn't rat you out!" He scoffs, clearly offended by the comment. I smirk, it's amusing how quickly his expression can change. "Thought you were my King?"

He's flirting, using his charm to get what he wants, like he does with his clients; and damn it, it's working.

"Only if I can get to know you too, my Queen~" I flirt back, his amusement is evident in his eyes as he rolls them at the nickname, a smirk forming on his face; he looks devilish.

"Okay, why the interest in Sherlock?" He asks, honestly. Although his expression remains, as though the story that I am about to tell is one of great depth and detail.

"Well I first took an interest in his mind, then I was offered to play a game with him by someone very powerful- can't state who, but it's just all fun and games. What about you? How'd you meet him?" I inquire, curious as to how a detective could become friends with a criminal like him.

"Well, I like people to be indebted to me, and I managed to trap the Frost Giant! On an information trade I got him to give me Sherlock's number, it's fun to mess with the Holmes boys." He shrugs.

Frost Giant? Oh, Mycroft.

"Do you have a dog? It smelt iffy in your house the other day." I ask, smirking a little at the offence he takes from my comment.

"Banksy does not smell! Take it back!" He shouts, defensively. Weak point located. I smile to myself.

"Okay okay, do you leave him at your place often?" I ask, not really that interested, only for the information.

"Actually, he's downstairs, one of your maids said he'd be fine in the kitchen." He answers me, sensing my lack of interest.

"Wait what? Why's he here?" I start, not panicking but not exactly calm, I'm not particularly fond of pets.

"Couldn't leave him." He shrugs and whistles a small tune, the dog in question coming into the office not moments later.

The doberman is scarier than I expect, large and looks as though it's been trained to kill; knowing Renzo, it probably has.

The dog goes over to him, and he admirably wraps his arms around its neck, muttering how he's a 'good boy', as well as stating how he doesn't smell in the same baby voice.

I shift uncomfortable in my chair. He turns to me and grins at my reaction to the creature.

"Don't like dogs?"

"Not really a pet fan, too much hair." I grimace at the thought, already conscious of the fur most likely covering my office.

"So your a neat freak? That's adorable." I become slightly embarrassed by the use of 'adorable'. Its not commonly a word used to describe someone like me. He seems to not mind my lack of answer, as he smiles and carries on petting the large dog in front of him.

"I have one more question." He states, awaiting a response, for me to slightly nod my head. "What am I to do in this game?"

"Get close to Sherlock Holmes, make him love you, then rip his heart out." I say, as though it's nothing, he looks at me and then ponders the thought for a moment. He smirks and nods.

"Break the unbreakable? I can do that." A mischievous smile adorns his face, his eyes sparkling with not so innocent intentions. Its truly a sight to behold, and damn, I'm finding it rather attractive~

"You planning on giving me a slot to enter with?" He asks, knowing that I have a plan, I always do.

"Gonna set him up with a crime that he will beg for your help with~"

"Oh I do like it when they beg~"

"That's my Rens~"

--$--
Sorry for late update, I lost my phone at my mates house.