Meeting

There was rustling sound coming from the woods, Andy stopped what she was doing and looked around. She then ignored it and went back to what she was doing and the sound grew louder, it was making her uneasy but she just ignored it till she saw someone stand in front of her.
  "What are you doing?" He asked and Andy gave him a confusing look. "Excuse me?" "You're a female. Why are you out here chopping wood? Shouldn't the father or brother do that?" "If I had either of them here, do you honestly think that I would be here doing this?" "You have made your point." "Why are you here?" "I was just walking around and I ended up here."

   She looked at his clothes and let out a sigh, "You're from the palace." "Yeah, I know." He looked down at his clothes and let out a soft "ah"
"Not to sound rude but can you leave?" "I don't want too." "Why not?"
There was a small irritation sound in her voice and he just grinned. "Name is Nico, yours?" "Andy." "Who named their daughter that?"
She frowned, "Who names their son Nico?" "Damn, I see how it is." "You're starting to annoy me." She put the ax down and crossed her arms and her did the same, crossing his arms.
She raised her brow and dropped her arms and he did the same. “What are you doing?” “I'm bored and bothering you is entertaining me.” 

  She rolled her eyes, not wanting anymore of his childish behaviour. She grabbed the ax and headed back to the shed and he had followed her. She huffed and put the ax away and turned to the boy, “Can I help you?!” “I'm bored.” “You're bored.” Nico nodded and Andy sighed. She leaned against the shed and stared at him. “How old are you?” She asked, “19 why?” “Now ask me a question.” He looked at her confused but shrugged it off. “Are you around my age?” “Yes, I am. Are there really those..kind living at the palace?” He smiled at her question, “I like how you called them ‘kind’.” “I didn't want to sound rude.” He kept that smile on his face, “Of course there is and to answer another question of yours, No I'm not one of them.” “You didn't know I was going to ask that.” “No, I didn't know it was just an assumption.”

  The two continued on asking each other questions about themselves till the sun has set. “You should probably get back and I need to get inside before..some of that kind comes out and play.” Andy said, getting up. Nico didn't seem too happy about that statement. “Yeah, it was nice meeting you Andy. I plan on bothering you more later on.” She gave him a glare and he laughed, leaving her standing in the dark. “You're a strange one.” She said, walking back to her house.

   She smiled when her mother's cooking filled the home. “You're working the stand tomorrow by yourself. Your sister and I are going out of town.” Her mother said, not looking at her youngest. “What about Father and Anthony?” “Hunting. Now go wash your face, it's dirty.” “How can you tell, you haven't looked at my face ever since I've walked in.” “Andy, don't be a smartass to me and go do what you're told.” Andy left it at that and went to go wash her hands, her older sister, Lina,  came up to her and smiled. “I made something for you.” “Why would you do that?” Lina, smacked Andy's arm and shook her head. “Knock that attitude off, I made it because I wanted too.”

   Lina tool her little sister to her bed room and set her down on the bed. “Now, close your eyes.” She said, leaving Andy alone. Andy let out a sign and closed her eyes, she felt something good on her head and she tried to touch it but her sister smacked her hand. “Not yet.” Lina fixed a few things and smiled. “Now look.” Andy opened her eyes and looked into the mirror. “Lina…this is beautiful..” A small smile appeared on her lips, Lina hugged her sister from behind. “Good, I made sure it was meant for you. Suit you only.” Both girls turned their attention to the door when they saw their brother. “Mother said dinner is finished-..whoa.”
Andy was about to take off the flower crown but Lina stopped her. “Did you make that for her?” “Yes, I did. Would you like one?” “No thank you but I do have something for you two but after dinner.” He said, leaving the two. Andy took off the crown and smiled down at it. She got up from her sister's bed and walked to her room and set it down in the dresser.