Rain ●Eddie Brock●

Hey, welcome to this book! I'm hoping to keep this one up for a while. If you have any requests for future chapters, leave them in the comments, and I would gladly write them.

Word count- 2060

↤↤↤↤↤ Y/N's P.O.V ↦↦↦↦↦

I place a mug under my coffee machine, pressing the brew button and looking out of my apartment window. I set my hands on the counter and gain goosebumps as the counter was freezing. I sighed as I saw rain pelting against the window, the soothing sound that follows with the rain calming nerves I didn't know were provoked; I took in a large breath and let it out. I didn't have work today seeing as I called in and asked for the day off. I needed time to myself. Time to process what happened.

As I heard the coffee machine beep, I wipe a tear that was on my face and grab my hot mug — returning to my bedroom window seat. There wasn't much I wanted to do today except continue reading my book and listen to the rain. I set my coffee down next to me and moved the pillow that was behind me to a more comfortable position. 

I picked up the mug once again and took a long sip out of it not caring that it was burring my tongue and my throat. Once I placed it back down, I picked up the book that I had started last week and opened it to my bookmark, taking it out and putting it behind the pillow. I began to get lost in the world of the book, listening to the soft pelts of the raindrops on my bedroom window and taking small sips of my coffee. 

I wanted to distract myself and the thoughts that were coming into my head; it was partly working until a knock was on my door. I jumped and hit my coffee mug with my leg, almost knocking it over. I curse and grab the bookmark from behind the pillow and quickly place it in my book and set it down; grabbing my coffee and making my way to the door and hearing a knock once more, this time louder. I sighed and unlocked the door twisting the handle and opening it to see my best friend's concerned face. I sighed and moved out of his way as he made his way into my dark apartment.

"Hey Y/N," he said concern lasing his voice.

"Hey, Eddie," I responded all energy seemed to leave my body at once.

Eddie had been my friend through almost anything. I knew him since before he dated Anne, I was there when she broke up with him, and when he gained Venom, I was always there for him and he was there for me.

I quickly put down the mug I had been holding as Eddie closed the door.

"How are you holding up?" He questioned. Putting his hands into his pants pockets,

"I'm doing good," I said as I gave a small smile. I saw as he concentrated into the distance, knowing that Venom was talking to him.

"No your not." and with that, he came over to me and hugged me tightly; I quickly noticed how tall he was compared to me while tears that I didn't know I was holding back came flowing out.

"Hey, Hey it's okay, it will be okay," he said whispering into my hair.

"I-I just-t miss he-er E-Eddie," I said in between sobs as well as my voice being muffled by Eddie's shirt.

"I know, I know." he softly ran his hand through my hair and rubbed circles on my back.

We stood there for a bit, the only sounds that were heard were my loud sobs, Eddie's breaths and the rain against the window.

My mother had passed away a week ago; we were very close. I told her everything, she was always over at my apartment, watching movies with me, cooking, or singing knowing that we can't. 

She liked Eddie and would always force him to join our activity's, dancing around my apartment and having sleepovers. She was my everything but was taken by unknown heart problems. She died in her sleep; I found her in her house with a smile on her face.