「prologue」

published: 28/2/19edited: 5/5/22

published: 28/2/19
edited: 5/5/22

Prologue: Ophelia

"Mother, do you think I'll make a great Triwizard champion?" Ophelia sighed, roaming around the living area, while her mother stared into the fireplace.

"I'm sure if you get picked you'll find a way to win every single task," Narcissa uttered, smiling up at her eldest child. "You always seem to find a way."

"Thank you, mother." Ophelia smiled back. "I think I'll head to the garden and wait for father and Draco to return."

"Be safe!" Her mother called out to her.

Ophelia put her brown locks into a bun and ran around the garden, something she did often. She didn't have many friends besides her brother so her imagination was her source of entertainment.

Ophelia is very different than her younger brother, Draco, considering that they are twins. He is a very quiet and reserved young man, compared to his sister's cheery and childish personality. He didn't spend too much time with her either. Their occasional bonding wasn't enough for them to be close. It was like they were raised by different people.

Ophelia has long, wavy, brown hair, which she acquired her mother's side, while Draco got his platinum blonde hair from their father. Although they both did inherit their grey eyes from Lucius Malfoy.

One thing she loved doing was pulling pranks on her family since her father had plans for Draco, Ophelia was free to do whatever she wanted. This caused Lucius' boss to lose interest in Ophelia seeing her as a child and not the woman she could turn out to be. She wasn't being groomed to be a death eater, a follower of Lord Voldemort, like her brother. She never suspected that her family was involved. Lucius kept her in the dark. For all she knew, her family were one of the good ones.

After hours of playing in the dirt and scoffing down two blueberry cakes, Draco and her father finally arrived. Ophelia sprinted over two them, stopping once she noticed their awful appearance.

"Father, Draco!" She cringed. "How was the match?" She asked, dusting off Draco's shoulder.

"Ireland won. 170-160." Her father answered her as he continued to walk into the manor.

"So why do you two look like you just got dragged through a pile of manure by a hippogriff?" She asked.

"The arena was attacked, Ophelia. The whole place was chaos." Draco sighed, pushing his sister out of the way.

"Well, good thing I wasn't there." She commented, trailing behind him. "Do they know who did it?"

"People think it was a group of death eaters since the dark mark was up in the sky."

"Where you okay?" Ophelia ask aloud, worried for her twin.

"I did get separated from father," Draco recalled. "We couldn't see where we were going."