Chapter 12

**About a Month Later, February 1st**

“Come on babe! Hurry!” I bounced on my feet as Harry took his sweet time putting on his coat.

“I am!” he laughed at my eagerness.

It was Harry’s birthday, and I was excited to show him what I done for his present.

“Ready?” I asked, getting impatient.

“Yup, let’s go,” he smiled and took my hand.

We walked downtown to have dinner at Luigi’s first. Oh how we loved Italian food! Then it was time for my real surprise.

“Where are we going?” Harry asked as I led him toward the park.

It was dark out now, almost time for my gift.

“You’ll see,” I obviously wasn’t going to tell him and ruin the surprise.

When we got to the park, I took him over to a bench and we sat down, snuggling close together to stay warm.

“Look at the sky,” I told him, pointing.

Up in the stars, fireworks were beginning to go off. We had made it just in time! The explosions of light started to form into words; ‘Baby, you light up my world like nobody else’. Then ‘Happy Birthday, Harry!’.  And finally ‘I love you <3’.

Harry looked down at me as the words faded away into the night. His green eyes were shining and his mouth was turned up into a huge smile.

“I love you more,” and then he leaned in and our lips touched. It felt as if we were making our very own fireworks. This was by far the best feeling in the world, my lips pressed against his. He wrapped his arms around me tighter so that our bodies were pressed together too. This kiss was just as powerful as our first, in the rain on my front lawn. I knew Harry was the one, ever since our lips met for the very first time, with the rain beating down on us. I felt fireworks whenever we touched, even if our hands simply brushed against each other. I knew what we had was special, and I knew I was an incredibly lucky girl to have him.

After several minutes of passionate kissing, Harry broke away, “Thank you for this. For everything.”

“My pleasure, Prince Charming,” I grinned and kissed him again, lightly this time.

“I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this before, but you are perfect. You, my princess, are the best thing that has ever happened to me,” he stroked my long hair.

“I’m not perfect, not nearly,” I blushed.

“Maybe not, but you’re perfect for me,” he rested his forehead against mine.

“And you’re perfect for me. You’re my missing piece. And now my puzzle’s complete,” I hugged him.

“So is mine. But my missing piece looks like the cold is starting to get to her,” Harry chuckled as he saw me shiver in the February air.

“It is!” I laughed, then looked up at the sky and noticed that it had started snowing. It was so pretty!

“I guess we should head home now,” I said, not wanting to leave.

“Yeah, I don’t want you to freeze!” Harry looked concerned.

“I’ll be fine, Haz. As long as you stay close to me,” I smiled at my obvious excuse to keep him near me.

“That’s easy,” he winked and pulled me closer. We stood up and he kept his left arm wrapped tightly around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder as we made our way towards home. This had been one of the best nights of my life.