5

The Twilight Drive in was buzzing like it typically was on a summer evening. Teenagers scrambling to find the best cuddle partners in the backs of trucks and station wagons, families gathering together for a family night out, and serpents lurking in the shadows, downing contrabanded beverages out of paper bags. Alice walked between blanket forted trucks, and huddled groups of kids enjoying a night out. She tapped her knuckles on the window of Fred's car. He turned around, smile across his lips when he saw the girl arriving with an arm full of snacks. "You legend." He said to the blonde as he opened the door and walked with her around to the back of the car.

The trunk was up, and Hermione laid back against the pillows, Walkman in her hand. "Third wheel, much?" She asked Alice teasingly as her boyfriend crawled into the back of the car. Alice handed him the food she had brought before climbing into the car herself.

"As long as you're not planning on getting it on back in here, I'll gladly third wheel the pair of you. There's nothing better to do on a Friday night around here anyway." Alice told the girl. She pulled her knees up to her chest and leaned back against the wall of the car.

"Aren't you going to ask?" Hermione questioned. She dropped her Walkman and sat up in a more comfortable position. She was surprised Alice hadn't asked for FP considering how close the two of them usually were.

Alice rolled her eyes. "Ask you what, Hermione?" She asked, acting naïve because she didn't want to give the other girl the satisfaction of knowing her mind had wandered there.

"The whereabouts of one Forsythe Pendleton Jones Junior." Fred interjected. He was laid back against the front seats, the bottoms of his sneakers facing Alice with a fresh wad of bubble gum just inches from her jean skirt.

She pulled a face at the boy. "He's probably sucking face with the skank whose gum you trotted on." She guessed with a shrug.

Fred let out a groan and immediately reached down to take off his gum covered shoe.

His girlfriend let out a dry snicker, eyes moving from the boy straight back to the Southsider to her left. "He's coming. Alone. You can bitch about the movie together all night long." She told her, knowing that Alice would prefer some kind of company other than third wheeling like originally planned.

Alice looked up from the cuticles she had been playing with. "Great. Late as always." She commented before looking around to find a spot for her to make herself comfortable. She scooted around to the other side of Hermione before laying back against one of the cushions Fred had shoved into his dad's car before he left.

"Fred you never told me this was going to be an orgy. I would have worn my best underwear." FP said as he poked his head around the back of the car.

"You wouldn't need underwear in an orgy, FP." Alice scoffed, looking up at the boy.

He let out a laugh before moving past Hermione to lay down next to her. "You would know." He whispered as he took up the remaining space on her cushion with his big head. She moved slightly to make more room.

"Which movies are playing tonight?" He asked Hermione who usually knew these things. He always had questions for the girl because her organisational skills were something he envied.

Hermione looked across at the pair. She knew they weren't dating but sometimes she wondered if they were showing her and Fred up. They were more affectionate than herself and her boyfriend and she didn't know if that was on them, or on her. "A Stranger Among Us." She answered before glancing over at her boyfriend who was busy furiously trying to clean the gum off of his shoe.