The Future

A/N another requested story from Darkshadegem
It was a bit different to write, but it was fun ^o^

Your Pov

My head hurts.
I can't remember what exactly happened, but now I'm here, in a dark tunnel that leads to who knows where. Slowly I get up and try to remember where I am and how I got here, but nothing comes into my mind.
I reach into my pocket and search for my phone. That's the only thing that could help me now.
'Hm? What's that?' I ask myself as I look at the message from ???.

??? : Do you need help?

You: What do you mean? And who are you?

???: Who I am doesn't matter right now. You know what I mean. I saw how you came here, and I'm sure you would like to have someone that knows this place.

With a raised eyebrow I think about it. Of course it would be great to have a person that wants to help me, but it's risky since I don't know who this person is.

You: I don't know if I can trust you.. But I guess I have to. First, can you please tell me where I am and how to get out of here?

??? : Of course (Y/N). Just wait a moment.

How the hell does this person knows my name?..
Suddenly someone taps me on my shoulder. I turn around and a rabbit mask appears in front of my face.
Startled, I take a few steps backwards.
I take a closer look at the person that appeared from nowhere.
He's definitely a man, he wears a black suit, red tie, suitcase and this bunny mask..
'Weird...he seems..familiar'
He titles his head questioning.
'Are you.. The guy who texted me?'
He nods and makes some hand gestures.
'I'm sorry I can't read sign language'
I say scratching my head.
The eyes of his bunny mask turn black and I can hear a slight growl. He takes out his phone.
??? : Just follow me.
I look up at him and he starts walking down the tracks.
I follow him silently.
After some minutes we reach the end of the tunnel and I can't believe what I see. No plants can be seen and silver trains float on the tracks. Everything looks so futuristic.
I look back to the man and his bunny mask looks amused.
'Don't tell me I am in the future!?'
I ask him shocked.
The expression on his mask goes back to a normal look, and he nods.
He makes a sign and wants me to continue to follow him.
We walk to a pretty nice house.
He takes a key from his pocket and opens the door.
Inside he waits for me to come in.
'Thank you' I say and enter his house.
Inside, his house looks just as beautiful as the outside.
All the furniture was neat and everywhere it sparkles with cleanliness.
He gestures to a couch like "Take a seat".
I nod and sit down on the fluffy couch. He goes into the kitchen and a few minutes later he comes back with
(Yfd= your favorite drink).
'Thank you, this is my favorite drink!' I say happily as he gives me the drink.
He nods and his mask/face shows a short smile.
'Well um.. Can you explain me now what you know about how I got here please?'
He takes out his phone and writes a message.

Frank: okay now I should introduce myself, I am Frank. This is my time, you are from the past. All I know is that you discovered a portal and that's how you got here. Sadly it was the only portal that could bring people frome one timeline to another.

Frank...I heard this name before somewhere..
'Wait.. Why "was", isn't it still there?'
I ask him worried.

Frank: well it is there, but you can only open it in your timeline. It's not possible to open it from my timeline. I'm sorry.

'No way. This is the future, there must be a way to get back!' I say angry.
The expression of his mask change to a sad look,and he shakes his head.

Frank: There is no way yet.. But I'm going to help you. When there's no way, you have to make one. And as long as you're stuck here, you are going to stay with me.

He puts a hand on my shoulder to assure me that everything is going to be okay. I hug him and he hugs me back after a short moment of hesitation.
'Thank you Frank'