Chapter one

Reese's POV

I'm lost in thought when I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say.

My father walks though the door and sits down. He seems a little tense, but it's probably because of everything that's going on with the company. His company is slowly but surely failing, after fifty successful years. I have been going over everything to find a way to build the company back up, to completely stop it from going down. I'm just having trouble figuring out what went wrong.

"We need to talk sweetheart." My father says to me, his voice real soft.

"Sure what's up dad?" I ask.

"I know this is crazy but I found a way for our company to strive, I just need your help. You are a huge factor in building our company back up." He says.

"Of course dad, anything you need. I'll help no matter what. What's the plan?" I know how important this company is to my father so there isn't anything I wouldn't do to help. I've grown to love the company just as much as he does. When I was little I loved to sit in his office and just watch him work. As I got older I loved it even more. That's why after high school I went straight to business school. Knowing that one day I was going to take over my fathers company.

"We need to merge our company with B.Miller Inc. it's the only way we can stop the company from failing. There is only one way to merge the companies and I feel terrible even asking you to do such a thing, but I need you Reese." His eyes are pleading, I just don't know what they are pleading for.

"Dad you can ask me anything. I'll do anything I can to help." I said with a small smile.

My father took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. Then he said, "I need you to marry Blaze Miller. It's the only chance we have."

What the hell did he just say? Marry Blaze Miller?! Has he lost his mind? Blaze Miller is the biggest player I've ever seen. When it comes to work he's serious. But outside of work it's all play for him. You never see that man with the same woman twice. There is always someone new hanging on his arm. And my father is suggesting I marry him?

"I can't marry him, I don't even know him. There has to be something else we can do." I said. I'm not marrying Blaze Miller. That's the craziest damn thing I've ever heard.

"That's the thing, there is absolutely nothing else we can do. How many times have you been over those files and still haven't found anything? I had a meeting with Blake Miller last week. He agrees to this because it would help his company as well. Now Reese I've never asked you for anything, and now I'm begging you." My father said his voice still pleading.

"And if I don't agree to this?" I asked being dead serious.

"Blaze has already agreed to marrying you, and I'm asking you out of respect, but either way, forcefully or willingly you are marrying Blaze Miller." My father stated, seriousness written all over his face. This has to be some kind of joke.

"Are you positive there is nothing else at all we can do? Have we been over every other option?" I asked. I wanted to be sure we've tried everything before I have to marry someone I don't even really know.

"There is positively nothing else we can do, and you know that. I would have never asked you if this wasn't our last resort." My father said.

He was right about the files for sure though, I've been over them at least twenty times, and still came up with nothing.  "Okay I'll do it. How long am I going to have to be married to him? I asked. The faster this is over with the faster I can get on with my life.

My father looked at me a little sheepishly, and I knew I wasn't going to like what he had to say next.

"Five years for the company to stay merged after the divorce." He said. Five years is a long time but I'll be 28 by the time we get a divorced and still have plenty of time to move on with my life and find someone else.

I took a deep breath, "Okay." I said.

"Tomorrow we have a meeting the Blaze and Blake. It's at 9 a.m. but I need you at the office at 7 we have a couple more thing to go over." He kisses my forehead and told me goodnight before walking out.

I looked at my wrist watch and noticed it was already 10 p.m. I took a quick shower and went straight to bed. Dreading tomorrow as I fell asleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Authors note.

Thank you so much for reading. Please excuse all errors.

This is my first book so I apologize for errors and typos. :)