Part VI: Dreadful truth

As we stood a stone's throw away from the crash site. The grasp of her arms were tightly wrapped around mine, tears were streaming down her cheeks. 
"What if he doesn't make it oppa? What did he ever do to deserve such a fate?" exclaimed her brittle voice, that was clearly burdened by endless train of thought of the fate of her manager. It was obvious that none deserves such a tragic circumstance, and in her eyes, he was one if not the last one that deserved to face such perils.

Having met the manager-nim himself and gotten somewhat close, I grew to have nothing but respect for him.

The site was now surrounded by the emergency services and as we continued to observe while pondering about a dreadful answer for our wonder if he would make it. She laid her head onto my arms, eyes closed, and her makeup had now been smudged from all the tears.

I took out tissues from my pocket to wipe her tears, carefully removing the ebbing colors of her cosmetics. It was enough to occupy ourselves for a few minutes in a futile attempt to maintain her grandeur, despite clear signs of prolonged sobbing littered across her now heartbroken face. She gazed into my eyes, yearning for any form of comfort and assurance. I scrutinized the scene once again, only to find out that the paramedics were now moving the victims into the ambulance. 

As I took a deep breath, I hugged her with my might, allowing her to bury her face in my chest for the moment. I closed my eyes as I gently stroked her hair. "Everything will be okay.. Take deep breaths alright? I'm sure he'll make it."

She tilted her heads upwards and with a sorrowful voice she asked, "can we go to the emergency ward to see how he's doing?"

I nodded and we hastily made our way to the state hospital.