Chapter 1: Bon voyage or whatever

"Harper! Hurry up! We need to be leaving for the airport in 10 minutes!"

"I haven't finished packing!"

"YOU WHAT?!?!"

My best friend Avery came running up the stairs. "Oh my GAWSH how much makeup do you own?!" She said, staring at my pile of make-face-prettier supplies. "Not THAT much... Now can you sit on my suitcase? It won't close!" She groaned and sat down on my huge black suitcase while I attempted to zip it up. "Got it!" I exclaimed. "Good!" She said, hopping up. "Let's go! We can't miss the plane!" I lugged my portable closet of a suitcase downstairs, and threw it in the back of the car. Avery took the steering wheel (neither of us trust my driving skills) and I jumped in shotgun. "TO THE AIRPORT, AND BEYOND!" I yelled as she pulled out of the driveway.

•••

We arrived at LAX about an hour later, and parked the car. "Go go go go! We have to hurry!" Avery said. I sleep during the ride so I was barely even awake. How was she awake? It was 4 freaking AM! After a crazy intense rush to get on our plane in time, we finally made it. Before the plane could take off, I pulled out my laptop to skype my parents, while Avery did the same. "Hi, mom!" I said with excitement. "Hey sweetheart!" She pipped. "Are you off?" "Yeah," she pursed her lips. "I'm going to miss you, alright? Skype me everyday, alright?" I sighed. "I'll miss you too, and yeah, every day. Now I've got to go, the plane's about to take off. She smiled sadly. "Have fun sweetie! I'll see you soon!" I smiled. "Love you mom, bye!"

I sighed as I closed my laptop and the plane took off. Avery looked over at me. "What's wrong?" "Well..." I looked out my window at the plane which was about to start gaining elevation. "I'm afraid of heights at 20 feet up." She just laughed at me. "Heh, this is gonna be fun. The hyperventilation thing is right there," she pointed to a barf bag and I shot her a glare. "How helpful you are."

•••

After the plane had taken off, I was still gripping the armrest like it was my lifeline. Avery looked over at me. "You ready for this?" I nodded. "First stop Paris. Next stop, the rest of the world. Bon Voyage or whatever the Frenchies say." Avery laughed. "Bon Voyage."