Birthday Part 4: B. A

You see standing there behind each mic Edwin, Austin, Brandon, Zion and Nick. All smiling and only looking at you. "I wanted to do something special for a very special woman in our lives. So I asked the boys if they could help me out"  B said into the mic looking across the sea of friends. "I know how much you love this song.. so this is for you (Y/N). Happy Birthday." Now only looking at you as B spoke into mic.

Before you know it you hear B singing
"Baby, I ain't got no money
All I got is time
And I'm gon' spend that time on you
But when they pay me
And I can buy the sunshine
Take you away, we'll drink champagne
While holed up in a room"

He was right... you absolutely loved this song.

Every time the line "I will spend my summer on you" all the boys would point at you in sync. You had the biggest smile on your face thru out their performance and couldn't keep your eyes off B. When he finally sang the last line "Oh I will spend my summer on you" he came up and kissed your hand. Everyone aww'd and clapped really loud for the boys performance. You got up and hugged all of them, telling them that was the sweetest gift you've ever gotten. Everyone gathered on the dance floor to tell
the boys how amazing they were.

You were trying to find B but there were just too many people. Too many people pushing their way to the boys. You ended up getting pushed off the dance floor and somehow ended up on the opposite side. Your friends really did invite everyone. Bummed, once again, you decided to take a breather to yourself and went upstairs to your balcony that connected to your bedroom.

You sat on the ground just spacing out into
the sky. You could hear the DJ playing music in the background and all your friends' chatter mixed with it. You started going into deep thoughts about B. But before you could even comprehend and start to overthink your thoughts you heard the balcony door slide. "Just give me 5 more minutes (Y/1st/B/F/N). I just need a breather and I'll come back down." Before you could turn you heard "It's B..." You immediately turn around now. "Mind if I join you?" You smirked at him implying he may.
He sat right next to you. He was rubbing his knees like he was nervous or something.
You both sat in silence for a bit before he started to talk.

"I'm sorry (Y/N). I didn't mean to ignore you today or make you feel like you weren't special..." It was like he knew exactly how I felt. I didn't say anything I just continued staring into the sky that was front of me. "The last thing I ever want to do is hurt you or make you feel this way. You know I don't have intentions like that when it comes to you.." You knew he felt bad, you could hear it in his voice. But still you continued to stare in front of you. "I know this won't make up for it but the reason I didn't really talk to you today was because I was busy getting your favorite flowers, practicing 'Summer On You' with the boys and getting you this."

Now you officially felt like an ass. Realizing B was busy because he was trying to make your birthday feel special. You finally turned to him with a sad smile on your face apologizing. "I'm so sorry B.... I never meant to doubt you. Thank you for everything you did for me today. It really was the best birthday." Finishing the sentence with a smile.

B smiled back to you and pulled a box out of his pocket. He placed the box on your lap saying "Happy Birthday again."