17

The next day it was weekend so Gil stayed at home with us.
We slept a little more in the morning and I was awakened by Ben s cries.Gil was not in the bed now.
I quickly stood up and ran in Ben s room.I took him in my arms and he stopped crying.I smiled and he started to laugh.
Then I heard the door and saw Gil coming with a envelope
''Gil?'',I said.
''Chica,I found this in the letterbox outside and I took it.It s for you'',he said,giving me the letter.
''For me?'',I asked,surprised.
I took the envelope and placed Ben in Gil s arms.
I opened it and saw...I haven't seen this name for ages.It was my mother s name.I opened my eyes wide and looked at Gil.He rose his eyebrows.
''My mother...'',I whispered.
I saw that he was surprised too.I started to read it,slowly.

Dear Mary,
I know that we haven't talked for a long time.I want to tell you that I want to come back to our house to see you,with my future husband,next Monday.We had  planned our wedding and I would like to talk with you about  this.I really miss you and I can t wait to see you.
A kiss.

''What?'',I yelled nervously,and ripped the sheet of paper and I started to feel tears falling down on my cheeks.
I felt Gil taking my waist and I turned back to face him.
''What s wrong?'',he asked me a bit louder.
''She wants to come next week at home!And she wants to make a wedding with that man!Fuck off,that s all!I hate her !'',I yelled
''Shhh relax...'',Gil whispered,rubbing my back.''You two will talk about this,chica''
''Yes,nice!I don t want to see her or that man,ok?I can t change anything.Did she even think a bit where could my father be now?''
''I don t know Mary...we will see''
He wiped my tears and hugged me.I hugged him too and he kissed my cheek.