1

August 1522,

It was easy to say that Henry the Viii was in love with the young Constance Boylen. Everyone knew it, they could see it in his actions as he became softer around the blonde, he was seen with a smile on his face after seeing Constance. Even his wife Cathrine of Aragon knew that Constance was not just a phase like the others Henry had slept with. She was the person who held the King's heart.

Constance entered her chambers with a tired sigh as the day the young blonde had was full of reading and rumours of who was sleeping with whose husband. Fumbling with the clasp of her necklace as she had dismissed Elenor her lady's maid who was gifted to her by the Queen.       

She climbed into a hot bath that was drawn a half hour before, she relaxed as the stem rolled off her youthful body. A knock at the door startled her. Constance quickly climbed out of the bath and put on her nightgown and her robe over it. Grasping the doorknob Constance took a deep breath to calm herself. Opening the door saw looked out and saw the King.

" your Majesty" Constance mumbled as she fell into a quick curtsy. Shocked at seeing the King her robe fell open and it quickly attracted the king's eyes to her breasts as they were larger than normal. " Constance I am sorry for interrupting your bath" replied Henry as he walked into the room. " How did you?" " I saw your lady's maid in the hall," Henry said answering her question.

Henry sat down on the large bed waiting for Constance to join him. " I heard what was said today at court. I wanted to talk about it" said the King. Constance now sitting beside him nodded her head telling him to go on. " Marriage" was the one word that came tumbling out off the Kings mouth Constance sighed as she hated the topic. 

" I, well I am scared I mean I want the dream like every other lady at court but I know it won't happen," she told the man listening " I know I would be considered his property and only used for children," Constance said as a tear trickled down her cheek bowing her head trying to hide the tear. The king's large hand grasped her chin causing her to look him in the eye while he whipped the tear away.

" I would never marry you off to a man like that, your young and everyman at court wants you, including me" Henry admitted to the young Boleyn girl telling her what she already knew. " That's why I will wait until you are older, I will not force you," The king promised to the young girl who held his heart in the palm of her hand.

Constance nodded knowing he wouldn't break the promise, he never did. The king kissed her lips lightly savouring the gentleness of her full pink lips. " my love" Henry bid goodnight as it was late and dark already outside. " Goodnight," Constance said with a small smile as Henry pulled the blankets over her body.

As Constance's head hit the fluffed pillow she quickly fell into a deep sleep as the king slightly left the room and her apartments knowing she was safe.