chapter 1

"I think that this will be a good place. You had better be on your best behavior and do as I fuckin tell you. Or you will pay dearly for it. Got it, bitch?" Ronald said as we pull into a white rock parking lot. We had arrived at a rundown dive bar that had at least twenty motorcycles parked in a row. He had brought me to a biker bar! I knew of the place. It is called Black Jack's. Home of some of the roughest men in Lake June, Texas!

This is a new one and I don't know what to expect. He has been getting steadily worse with each new idea of 'fun'.

Ronald and I have been together for four years. I have only ever been with him, voluntarily. We met through my dad, when I was sixteen. He was a nice looking guy back then. With short brown hair and light brown eyes. He took care of himself. He had good manners and a steady job.

Now? I work as a waitress, while he stays home and drinks. His hair is longer, shaggy, and oily from being unwashed for weeks or months at a time. He likes to hit me for any reason at all, no matter how small or false. He has even made up things, just to hit me.

Dad was killed two years ago, just after I graduated high school, by a wrong-way driver. That's when things spiraled out of control with Ronald.

I felt him grab a handful of my hair and pull. "Fuckin answer me when I talk to you!" He said through clinched teeth.

"Yes sir! I will obey you." I said quietly.

He held me by my hair for a moment longer. Then let go and got out of the car that my dad gave me. Although, I'm not allowed to drive it now.

I got out and followed two steps behind, as that was my place now. We entered the bar and it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the dim lighting.

It seems that there are big mean looking men everywhere! Some women are hanging out among them, and they look just as rough. One man catches my attention in the back of the room, close to the jukebox. Where most of the men are big with muscles, tattoos, and long hair, this one is larger. He has dark brown or black hair and is clean shaven. His hair is pulled into a ponytail.

Every occupant goes silent as we step a few steps into the bar. Ronald goes to a table in the middle of the room and sits down. I follow and sit where he tells me to, in a chair behind him. Every eye is still on us. I hang my head in shame. I'm wondering if I could escape. Just leave everything and go. I didn't have much anyway. Maybe if I can get him drunk enough to pass out, then steal my car keys and pack a bag. Just leave and never see him or my childhood home again. Or I might need to drug him with a sleeping pill. I look around and see that only a few eyes are still on us. The huge man in the corner catches my eye. He's not just looking at us, he's looking at me only. After a moment or two, I drop my eyes.

"That's the one! Sara, come here!" I stood and approached. "First, go get me a whiskey and beer."

I went to the bar and got his drinks then carried them back to him. "Now, go to the jukebox and pick a song. Go to that big guy beside it and dance for him. I want you on his lap and rubbing all over him. I want you to fuck him in front of everybody."

I catch my breath in horror. "But he will kill me. Please don't make me do that!" I beg. Knowing that I will pay for it later. Questioning him was a definite beating.

"Go now! Or your ass is getting beat in front of everyone, and you will still do what I say."

I nod and start for the jukebox. My hands are shaking as I search for some money and a song. I feel eyes on me as I stand there looking for a song. I jump when I hear a voice behind me. "What are you doing here? This is a dangerous situation for you and your boy." His voice was deep and sexy.