Ch. 15

Elena headed to her mom's house, with groceries in the backseat. She was laughing to herself about the kiss. It was magical the way he kissed her.

A shame she was married. A shame he was married. She pulled up to her mom's house. She saw a car she didn't recognize on the driveway.

Hmm, must be a guest. That's why mom called earlier.

Elena parked the car, grabbed her groceries and went inside.

"Mom! Got your groceries!" Elena announced. Where could she be? She certainly wasn't in the living room. Or her room.

"Outside, sweetie!" Her mom replied. Elena sighed, went to the kitchen, set the groceries down on the counter and went out to the backyard.

She saw a familiar back of the head.

"Hi Elena. Look who's here!" Her mom beamed as the familiar head turned around. Elena's heart skipped two beats.

"Hello there, luv" Roger grinned, making Elena's inner thoughts scream.

"Hi! I didn't know you'd be here a day early!" Elena said, joyfully.

"Had to fly out to do some pre-Golden Globes interviews with Brian. Afterwards, I came here. I know you don't live here anymore but I just wanted to surprise you."

"You certainly surprised me, that's for sure" Elena laughed. She didn't bother to ask where Sarina was.

"I was just showing Roger the plants I grow," her mom said as she wiped sweat off her forehead.

"Photographer and green thumb. That's awesome, Ms. Lopez." Roger said politely.

"Oh, that reminds me. I have to go to a town meeting. It starts in ten minutes. I'll see you two later?"

Elena and Roger nodded. Her mom took off her apron, grabbed her keys and headed out.

It was just like 1978. They were alone at last.

"The movie got nominated and Brian and I are chuffed," Roger said as he broke the silence between them.

"I heard! Congratulations!" Elena beamed as she hugged him.

He hugged her back. More sparks flew.

"Thank you so much. I'll tell Brian."

They went inside and went to her living room. The mantle was now updated with pictures of the twins, Elena's wedding day and the twins with Diane at her birthday party.

"Got your suit re..." her sentence was interrupted by Roger's deep kiss. Elena kissed back as she placed her hands on his cheeks feeling that beard again.

Her mind was screaming as his was remembering her kisses back in England.

She pulled away and guided Roger upstairs to her old bedroom, which is now a guest room.

Instead of posters, the walls were now painted off white. The twin bed was now a queen size bed.

The nightstand remained. The record player was gone. So were the vinyl. They were at Elena's house.

"I need you, Roger," she whispered as they sat on the bed.

"I need you too, luv. You have no idea how happy you make me," he whispered back as he leaned forward and kissed her again.

Her head hit the pillow as Roger got on top of her. He may be 69 years old but he still had libido.

The way he kissed her neck made her shudder. It wasn't a shudder of fear but of lust. She moaned his name like she did when she was 18.

They pulled away as he removed his jacket, she removed her cardigan and unbuttoned her blouse slowly, teasing him.

"Luv, you're a tease," he said with a smirk. He took off his shirt.

He was shirtless while she was in her bra. She unhooked it and he was in awe.

"I want you to fuck me, Roger. I miss feeling you inside of me." She purred.

Before they knew it, they were naked having sex. She longed for this for 40 years. Roger started sweating as he groaned.

"I've waited 40...bloody years...." he managed to say through heavy panting.

"Me too, Rog. Me fuckin' too. I thought of you every day. I really wanted to be Mrs. Taylor but the universe was being a little...bitch..." She whispered.

They made love for about 30 minutes. Both not caring they just had an affair with their spouses. Roger and Elena loved each other.

Truly.
Madly.
Deeply.

"We better get dressed and make the damn bed so my mother doesn't flip out we had sex. She still doesn't know we did it backstage. I had just broken up with my ex when we met." She sat up and got dressed.

He was in awe still. She was still so beautiful. Why did he have to marry a woman 21 years younger than him. Elena was only ELEVEN years younger. She was right. Universe was being a little bitch.