nine

your pov

i woke up in alex's arms, letting a soft smile trace my lips as i looked at him sound asleep right next to me. i turned over and looked at the time and saw that it was about 1 pm, and we'd taken a nap together. i laid there in his grasp and nestled into his chest, feeling him pull me closer to him.

i thought about all the things that had happened over the course of just a couple days - meeting alex, getting to date him, and then the whole aksel situation. everything had been moving so fast, but laying here with alex was something that calmed me down the most.

i turned over so i was facing him, and watched his eyes flutter open. 

"good morning, hermosa." he said sleepily as he pulled me close to his chest, and my arms wrapped around him.

"good morning, baby." i replied quietly as i breathed in the familiar scent of his laundry detergent, which never seemed to fail at being my favorite scent.

we laid there together, with our arms around each other and our legs intertwined. i felt him rest his head on top of mine, and rub small circles into my back.

"do you think they'll care if we just hang back here today? i'd feel kinda bad if i didn't go, though." i heard alex ask as he rubbed his eyes, and then rested his head on top of mine again.

"i think we'll be fine, baby. tomorrow is the last day of vidcon so we can just show up then." i reassured him, feeling him hold me a little tighter in his arms.

"you're the best, hermosa. thank you for being here." he whispered against my top of my head as he planted a soft kiss against it.

i held onto him tighter as he did so, and looked up at him as he kissed me softly. i kissed him back, and we stayed only inches away from each other, finding each others gazes once again, but to only be interrupted by someone at the door.

alex moved from the bed, leaving a small last kiss on the top of my head, and then getting up to get the door.

"h-hey, what are you doing here?" i heard alex ask as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"listen, im not here for you," a familiar voice started, "i need to speak with y/n." 

"no, dude. not after what you said to her - that shit was fucked up." alex retorted, shaking his head.

"i fucking know, thats why i need to apologize. I'm sorry, man." the guy said, and i finally came to the conclusion that this had been aksel.

"are you coming in?" alex asked.

"yeah, if i can." aksel replied back as alex took a step behind him to let him in, and then closed the door behind aksel. 

i peered up from my phone and looked at aksel, and then looked the alex, who was standing behind him. i didn't know why alex would let him in to begin with, but i guess amends needed to be made at this point for everyone to get along. 

"y/n, I'm sorry for what i said earlier. i know it was really fucked up of me, but alex had done this shit to me before in the past and I'm just mad, okay?" aksel started.

"oh, shut the fuck up, aksel." alex snapped.

"no, alex. its true," aksel sighed, turning around to face him. "you know how much i loved naomi and how much i admired her, and yet you still dated her. now, with y/n. i would gush to you about her all the time, but did you even care to listen?" he ranted, and you could start seeing the tears well up in his eyes.

"aksel, I'm sorry. i just don't know what to tell you, okay? theres nothing i can do at this point, and theres no way in hell I'm gonna break up with y/n." alex stated, adjusting his beanie as he spoke to aksel.

-narrator pov-

not a word came out of aksels mouth, for he didn't know what to say to him. he simply shook his head in disbelief, took one last glance at the two, and left. 

the couple watched as aksel left the room, leaving them with a cold feeling, and a bitter taste in his mouth for himself. alex was at a loss at this point, and he didn't know what to do in order to keep everybody in his life right now happy. so, if it meant that he had to lose people in order to achieve that happiness that he so longed for and deserved, he would have to lose people - but that was okay with him. some people needed to be let go of at some point, and now was one of those times. 

and in alex's eyes, nobodies affection could ever compare to that of y/n's.

-

so, that was the end of chapter nine!

I'm sorry i haven't been updating frequently, I've honestly had the worst writers block over the past couple of days and i had idea what to write about, so hopefully this is somewhat good.

thank you guys for 3k reads!! I'm currently at 3.9k, so hopefully when ur all reading this ill be at 4k !

i love you all so so so much

thank u for reading

ill see u in the next chapter 

<3