jaebum

"Let's go, Jae. We're gonna be late."

Your 'famous idol' boyfriend Jaebum was really the idiot you've loved for so long. The anger problems were always funny to you as you grew up alongside him. First as friends in primary school, you were attached at the hip, and then fame overtook him. But, he never forgot about you. After asking your father's permission, he was able to date you, and you've been together even since. JB yelled back: "BABY, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO WEAR?! I WANT TO LOOK LIKE YOUR NAMJA-CHINGU NOT LIKE YOUR BEST FRIEND!" With a slight chuckle, you run into your shared bedroom in your shared apartment and assist him.

"Jae, wear the blue button-up, I like it."

"But it doesn't match your dress."

"It doesn't have to match--"

"YES IT DOESSSS."

"Ugh, whatever, then the peach one--"

"Its the wrong shade, though--"

"JAEBUM JUST WEAR IT." It was your anger that was starting to flare. JB always played around with you and screamed "FINE" before grabbing you by the waist and kissing you harshly on the lips. Your hands tangled in his hair and then he pulled away saying, "I thought we were going to be late." You untangle yourself from this idiot and walk away just to hear his steps behind you. His hands reach over your shoulder to grab the car keys next to the door.

"가자."

You smiled, grabbed his hand and walked out to find your front lawn riddled with paparazzi. The flashes were cut short when you entered JB's black Suburban and pulled away from the sidewalk.

~

The party was a benefit that your parents were invited to, and they invited you both. After a couple drinks and dinner with Mom and Dad, you slip away from your parents along with JB. As you pass the foyer of the venue, a very attractive boy named Kyung, a friend from your childhood, puts his arm around your shoulders. JB's instant reaction is to jerk you away, but before he does anything, he hears "Jagiyaa~" and that's when his temper really flares. You straighten your back and wriggle out of the boy's grasp, but then notice who it is and say: "Kyung oppa!" Although you don't touch him directly, you feel JB's skin heat up, and immediately introduce him as your namja-chingu. Kyung gives you a blank stare and blinks a few times before regaining his composure.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo, hyung."

"Annyeonghaseyo."

Jaebum was pissed-- you could see it in his eyes. His jealousy was so harsh and so obvious; it made you (and him) always kind of angry, but you loved the way he looked at you when he was mad. That made you have an idea.

Kyung asked if he could take you to the roof to see the stars without even glancing at Jaebum and you say sure without hesitation. After giving JB your drink and flashing a million dollar smile, you walk with Kyung to the elevators and start laughing like a schoolgirl, obviously flirting. You hoped that from wherever Jae was watching, he could see your attempt and learn his lesson.

~

You sported Kyung's blazer as you both came down from watching the stars and into the dining area. You saw JB surrounded by your parent's friends around the bar, laughing and talking. He glanced over to you and his eyes immediately blazed, but he fixed himself and sat patiently as you made your way to him. Returning the blazer and bidding goodbye to Kyung, you turn to Jaebum and he wraps his long, slender fingers around your hip and pinches you. You stifle a yelp as he suddenly says: "We have to get going now, we are very busy with work tomorrow and we need to rest." A chorus of moans and sighs follow JB's testimony and everyone says: