Chapter 1: Erstwhile

"Focus. That's the number one rule when you're aiming at your target. While you need to employ all your senses if you're pinpointing something or someone."

***

"Who are they?"

"Some new transferees, I think"

Students are all querying their friend/s as they see new faces at the caféteria. Maybe it's unusual for them to lay an eyes on a group of geeks. Madalang lang kasi mag-transfer dito yung mga kagaya nila. Ewan, siguro hindi nila masikmura yung sistema dito. You see, this school is full of reckless students, spoiled-brats, bitches and assholes. They don't mind about what might happen to you as long as they are delighted. Pero dahil mga anak mayayaman ang mga nagaaral dito. Walang nakakarating sa mga nakakataas. That's how system in here works.

But of course, the system of education here is better. Patapon lang talaga yung mga nagaaral but the means of schooling is way more refined. Kaya madami ring magulang na pinipiling pagaralin ang anak nila dito kasi they can graduate in a short period of time but it still depends if the student is inclined to graduate and do and pass all the grueling requirements and examinations.

There, I think I had explained everything

"You like that one, Blake?" Lance asked and took a sip from his coffee, I bet he's gonna make fun of Blake again. Tiningnan ko naman kung saan siya nakatingin. Hindi naman ganun kalayo yung table namin sakanila kaya makikita mo ng malinaw lahat ng appearances nila

There are four mellow group of ladies sitting around the other table. Yung una kong nakita sakanila ay yung blondé yung buhok na nakaponytail tas nakafull bangs. She has a small face and chubby cheek na nagpacute sakanya. The next one is the girl wearing specs. She has this wavy brown hair and perfect shape face that made her really bonny. Then, the other one is the red-head who's Blake is looking at. She has a similar face dun sa babaeng blondé, maybe they are somewhat related, also gorgeous just like the first two. Bumagay din sakanya yung dating ng red hair niya.

The three of them are gently talking to each other while the other one who caught my attention is, placidly just sitting there. Her blank expression is making her look very enigmatic but... her comely visage is undeniable.

"Like my ass." Blake looked away but he's obviously caught off guard. That's alright, Blake. You can deny next time.

"Why? What's the matter? Eh maganda naman sila, uh?" Lance looked at the girls' table. "They just need a little.. make over and voíla!" he said with a sparkling eyes. This playwoman

"Where's my care?" Blake retorted and I just laughed at them. Blake is my childhood friend and I say, he's not really like that before. He became heedless since his ex girlfriend fooled him and toyed his feelings. He commenced to lose interest on women and in lieu, women started to engross him because of his abrupt make over. Yeah, you will not believe this but Blake is a thorough nerd and loser. And I'm gonna shut up now because I don't want to narrate his life part

"In my ass" Lance gagged causing it to make Blake give him a sinister look. Tinaas naman ni Lance yung dalawa niyang kamay na parang sumusuko sa mga pulis. "I'm just kidding, bro." Lance, siya yung tipo ng tao na mahilig magbulakbol but knowing his family, hindi siya bubuhayin nito sa oras lang na may gawin siyang kalokohan. Poor guy. Kaya samin lang yan ganyan dahil pag nandyan na pamilya niya. Believe me, you'll be given a chance to encounter the most innocuous man in this world

"Shut it, both of you. Aga-aga eh" sita sakanila ni Axel na hawak hawak yung booklet namin sa Physics. There goes our grown-up pal. The most matured thinker of the group

"C'mon, Axel. Stop being over-the-hill. Sayang kagwapuhan mo"

"Fuck you."

Nagpatuloy lang sa pangaasar si Lance sa dalawa. Sa tatlong to lang din umiikot social life ko and I'm satisfied with that. Besides, I don't need anyone's attention and interest.

Out of nowhere, biglang umingay at nagkagulo at napatingin ang lahat sa padating na nagtatawanang cheering squad nila Hanna, speaking of attention, here comes the attention seeker.

"Hi boys!" hindi pa siya nakakalapit eh binati na niya na kami. Geez, I hate this slut. Ang ingay ingay niya atsaka lagi siyang dumidikit sakin for goodness sake.

I rolled my eyes heavenward as the moment she approached me and clung her arms to mine. Naamoy ko naman agad yung napakatamis niyang perfume na victoria's secret, vanilla flavored and I almost puked. I wonder how many times did she sprayed herself. Oh god

Tuluyan ng nakalapit yung grupo niya sa table namin at isa isa kaming binati. Nagningning naman kaagad yung mga mata ni Lance samantalang sinuot na ni Blake ang kanyang headphones then took his phone and rotated it. Paniguradong maglalaro na naman 'to para makaiwas.

"Hey, girls." Lance greeted them seductively as four girls sat beside him and put their arms in his chest. Womanizer

"Good morning, ladies. I'm expecting a little muteness from all of you today so please don't pester me." Axel said with a simulated smile while not even taking his eyes off on his book and give a glance to those who greeted him. What an amazing brilliant jerk. Matanong nga 'tong kumag na 'to kung pano magpaalis ng babae without them getting affront

"Hey, handsome. Aren't you going to greet me back?" Hanna asked flirty while her right hand is dallying and massaging my chest using her long nails, downward.

I sighed and dragged her hand then faced her and give her an aggravating smile. "No." then threw her hand away

"Hey!"

"So, kindly please stop peeving me."

"Tss. What's your problem ba ha?"

"What?"

"I mean, bakit ba hindi mo ko gusto? I am a damn total package type of girl and every man in this school is yearningly wishing to have me. Beside, we have very much in common." she desperately said, trying to satisfy me with her persuasion.

Tama naman lahat ng sinabi niya. Pumalya nga lang doon sa part na marami kaming pagkakaparehas dahil una sa lahat, hindi kami parehas at naging parehas ng nararamdaman sa isa't isa.

"There's nothing really wrong with you, Hanna." I told her, lumawak naman kaagad yung ngiti niya. "But you're not and will never going to be my type, please, will you?" agad ring nagbago ang itsura niya at sumimangot sa narinig.

"Tss! Let's go girls!" she called her squad then walked angrily away from here. Napatingin naman ako dun sa table ng mga geeks and I saw the three of them staring at here too, but the other is engaged with something I can't see from here. What's she doing? I'm really discombobulate at her.

"It looks like that our Lai is also interested to that group of geeks, ah?" napatingin naman ako kay Lance na ngayon ay malawak ang pagkakangisi. Great. Ngayon ako naman pagtitrip-an nito.

"'Wag ako, Sandford." I rolled my eyes at him at tumayo para lumabas ng caféteria. Pero bago ako tuluyang makalabas ay napalingon muli ako sa gawi nila and this time, she is now looking at me with those frigid and intense eyes.

––