Chapter 12: Teenagers

(Warning: mention of eating disorder, swearing, awesome song, fluff)

Virgil was the first to wake up. He sat up, worming out of Roman's arms and stretched. He looked over the vast sea of teenagers sleeping around his room with a smile.

The emo carefully got up, off his bed and carefully stepped around his friends on the floor. Quickly grabbing everyone's prom outfits, he hung them up in different rooms then wrote a note to everyone where their clothes were so they could get ready in those rooms.

He slipped into the bathroom, starting to apply his makeup and do his hair.

Soon enough, everyone started waking up, seeing the note hanging on the inside of the bedroom door. The house came alive as all the highschoolers started getting ready for the day, no one seeing Virgil yet.

The band put on their costumes for their gig that night while everyone else got ready in regular clothes for the time being until they had to get ready for tonight.

After an hour or so, everyone was ready and waiting in Virgil's living room. Jordan and Chrissy left a note, saying thehly had to take off for the day.

Virgil finally came downstairs, wearing his costume for the gig. He had on red lip stick, winged eyeliner, amd a shirt that was shorter on him. Roman turned and took in the sight of his boyfriend.

Virgil smirked, but continued on into the kitchen. "Alright fuckers. What do you want to eat?" The question earned a few shrugs, an I dont know, and cookies! Virgil rolled his eyes and pulled out several boxes of cereal.

Everyone started to eat their selected cereal. Virgil felt anxiety rising in his chest as he ate infront of all his friends, still not completely over his eating disorder.

Soon enough, they all finished eating and made their way upstairs. It was rime to get ready.

~Time skip~

The group pulled into the school parking lot in separate cars, talking away out of excitement. They all piled out amd made their way inside, the band members saying their goodbyes and heading back stage to set up.

Virgil was beyond nervous as he hung his tux up in the dressing room back stage. The sound of chatter and music from the DJ echoed from behind the door. Joan, Talynn, and Damian were setting up the stage while Virgil calmed himself.

The time came for the band to play, said band making their way up to their instruments. Virgil slipped on his guitar and walked up to the mic, earning the attention of the gym. "We are Tragedy is Justified! Are you ready?!" He shouted, causing the entire gym to scream in excitement.

This boosted Virgil's confidence. The lights dimmed slightly and the emo started strumming the guitar.

Virgil started singing.

"They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun
And keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do"

Joan joined Virgil with tue next verse.

"Because the drugs never work
They're gonna give you a smirk
'Cause they got methods of keepin' you clean
They gonna rip up your heads
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine"

The whole band joined as the song picked up. The people in the gym started dancing amd shouting.

"They said all
Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me"

It went back down to just Virgil, the gym still lively with dancing and cheering.

"The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did"

The song picked up again, the stage coming to life as the band got more into it.

"They said all
Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

Oh yeah!

They said all
Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

All together now!"

The entire gym sang along, stomping and clapping to the beat.

"Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me!"

Virgil finished the song with a small guitar thing. The gym clapped and cheered. The band was practically glowing when they left the stage, nudging eachother and giving eachother high fives.

The emo went into the dressing room to change, still smiling from ear to ear. He slipped off his costume and slipped on his tux, checking himself out in the mirror. He did quick finger guns before leaving, walking into the gym.

He looked around for his friends, running into Thomas. "Oh hey Thomas." He said casually, still looking around. "Hey Virge. Good job on your show. Everyone is over there" he pointed to the corner of the gym. Virgil thanked him and made his way over.

Roman tackled Virgil with a hug, spouting random gibberish and praise. Virgil chuckled, hugging Roman back. The music toned down, a slow song playing over the gym speakers. "Care to dance mi amor?" Roman asked, letting Virgil go.

"I thought you'd never ask." Virgil replied, taking Roman's hand. All the teenagers started dancing, locked in eachother's gaze.

The group continued to dance the night away, talking, laughing, and kissing the rest of the night.

Not quite the end, but very close

I hope you are enjoying this story so far and I hope you are having a good Valentines day!

Take it easy guys, gals, and my fellow non-binary pals! Peace out!

-Marsh