39

Meg stared at the house that was full of people, partially shocked at how strongly the place smelt of alcohol.

"You sure you want to go in there, love?" Matty asked, unfazed by everything.

"Yeah, no, it's just that Ash doesn't normally throw big parties." Meg explained, "I'm just wondering what's up."

They got out of the car, Matty's hand finding hers before going inside. The music was horribly loud, the bass nearly shaking the walls.

Meg quickly found Ashley, standing by the counter that was loaded with alcohol, talking with someone. Once Ash caught sight of her, she came over wrapping Meg into a hug.

Ashley wasn't one to hug people, but once Ash saw Meg's confused face she smiled. "Come on, have some fun!"

Matty had seen the two interact before, but it had never been this awkward. It was obvious to everyone that Ashley was drunk, even though the sun had just now set.

Both of the stayed near each other, neither liking the atmosphere of the place.

Matty grabbed Meg's hand, watching as this party seemingly got more intense by the second.

"I- I think we should go love." He said, earning a nod from Meg.

"Meg!" Someone grabbed Meg's shoulder lightly, making her turn to face the person.

Meg's face lit up, immediately recognizing the person.

"Josh, oh my god hey! How have you been?" She asked, making him laugh.

"I've been pretty good. Tyler and I wanted to ask you something, but I think he left? " Josh replied before takin notice of Matty. "Hey, you must be Matty! Meg told me about you a little bit ago."

"Oh really?" Matty questioned, looking over at Meg.

"Yeah, she wouldn't shut up about you." Josh teased, only to laugh as Meg's face slowly turned red.

"You wanted to ask me something, Josh?" Meg interrupted, crossing her arms.

"Oh yeah, I was wondering if you still liked photography and that type of stuff?" He asked, messing with the sleeve of his shirt.

"A little, it's mainly a hobby now, why what's up?" She answered, tilting her head a little.

Matty bit his lip, smiling slightly. He knew exactly what he was going to ask her.

"Brendon's been asking around to find a new photographer and it's getting annoying." Josh laughed, pointing over to where Brendon stood by Ashley.

"I don't know Josh.." Meg sighed, uncrossing her arms.

"Please, at least for the first leg? Just so he'll shut up?" Josh begged.

"How long are their legs again? Oh and when is it gonna be?" She asked, making Josh smile wide.

"I don't know, go ask Brendon." Josh concluded before looking back and forth between the two. "It was nice seeing you guys, I should probably get going."

Meg shook her head as he walked away, "I'll be right back."

"Okay, I'm gonna stand outside, love." He replied, earning a nod.

He watched as she walked toward Ashley and Brendon, only to witness Brendon pull her into a hug for a minute too long. He bit his tongue, stepping outside.

"Meg, god, it's been like three years, right?" Brendon asked, earning a small nod from Meg.

"Yup." She gave an awkward smile. "Josh told me you were looking for a photographer?"

Brendon's smile grew wider than ever, "You up for it?"

"Depends on what time the tours gonna be and how long the legs are." Meg sighed.

"How come?" Brendon wondered, leaning against the wall.

"I agreed to follow Matty's band for their entire tour, and if it overlaps I might not be able to do it. That simple." Meg explained.

"Matty?" Brendon's smile faltered, and Brendon nervously twisted the ring on his index finger.

"I forgot you don't follow my instagram. Matty, my boyfriend? The 1975's lead singer?" Meg referenced, slowly loosing confidence as Brendon's smile faded away.

"Oh, yeah. Weren't they at coachella?" He asked bitterly, straightening himself away from the wall.

"Yeah, but again, what time is the tour?" She asked, trying to ignore his tone.

"Forget about it." Brendon snapped, "We'll find someone who doesn't have their head up their boyfriend's ass."

Meg nearly said something, but she didn't have to. Matty stood behind her, clearing his throat.

Brendon looked at Matty, annoyed. He pushed between the two, blending into the swarm of people.

"You okay, love?" Matty asked as Meg glared at the back of Brendon's head.

"Yeah, no, i'm fine." Meg replied, not taking her eyes away. "He's just drunk."

"Meg." Matty said, watching as she finally looked at him.

"Let's go." She whispered, trying not to think to much.

"Okay, love." Matty replied, taking her hand in his.

Meg couldn't help but smile as they walked back to her car. "You know I love you, right?"

Matty smiled shyly, "Yeah, but I love you more."

He gently lifted their hands to where he could kiss the back of her hand. The small, yet adorable, gesture sent chills down her spine.

"That's impossible." She whispered, too softly for him to hear.