Everything in Seconds

Every second was important.

They ran. And they looked and they asked.

And every second Hinata thought the worst.

And every second Kageyama just wanted him to stop shaking.

And those seconds grew to minutes.

And the "what if's" multiplied.

And Hinata couldn't help those thoughts and Kageyama couldn't help Hinata.

But they've done wonders in shorter amounts of time.

And time wasn't a restraint it just was.

They just had to find her.

She had wandered into the aquarium part of the zoo just past the penguins. It was much darker in there with a sort of cave-like appearance. It was easy to get lost. To just get distracted in a room. To not be able to find your way back.

It took them nearly an hour. Which wouldn't have been long in different circumstances. But with how many people were there... the possibilities were just too cruel.

Hinata was relieved. He was so relieved he barely had the room to be mad that she wandered off.

Then Kageyama had to bare both of them crying. But it wasn't a bad cry.

Suddenly Hinata got to relax and... was just exhausted. He was glad they were already almost done seeing all the animals. It was all too much.

oOoOoOo

Natsu was snacking on some sliced apples, watching TV while cuddled up with her newly acquired hippo. The boys were busy in the kitchen cleaning or something Natsu didn't care for.

"Are you okay?" Kageyama asked Hinata, arms crossed and leaning against the kitchen counter.

Hinata glanced at him then put a dried plate into a cabinet, his shirt riding up a bit. He turned and let out a sigh.

"Yeah, I'm okay now. I'm just a bit shaken I think. It's gonna take a bit before all the negative feelings and thoughts go away," Hinata smiled, "I'm glad you're with me, Tobio".

Now he felt it: the warmth that comes with the first few rays of morning sun.

Kageyama reached a hand towards him, then pulled the bouncy boy closer right as their fingers touched.

"Let me help take those thoughts away," kageyama shot him a mischievous grin, eyebrows furrowing like the actual devil.

"Wha-?what??" Hinata took a step back, pulling his hands up between them defensively, "don't try anything!"

"Don't try anything? Come here, dumbass" Kageyama huffed taking a step closer.

"No you're gonna bop me aren't you?!" Hinata made a helmet for himself out of his arms, looking for an escape.

The smaller boy dashed away and out of the kitchen before Kageyama had a chance to do anything, a string of giggles following.

"You'll never get me, demon!" Kageyama heard Hinata holler from another room.

"You're such a kid!" Kageyama responded, getting ready for battle. Clearly it was Hinata that wasn't going to get away.

He followed the direction of the giggles catching a glimpse of Hinata's orange hair as he dashed into a room. He taunted Kageyama with a playful smile.

Kageyama ran after him, already at a disadvantage from it being Hinata's house. Good thing Hinata didn't know how to be quiet, otherwise he could easily lose him.