Part 1

"Iss shaadi ki pavitra bandhan ka aapmaan kiya hai maine."

"I'm so sorry."

"Sahi waqt aane par hi hum tumko batane wale the."

"Hum?!"

Siddhant toss and turned in his sleep.

"Riddhima ko bhi lagta hai, ki Armaan sirf uski hai."

"Locker room ki baate, maine sab sun li. Khatam kar do iss samjhote ki shaadi. Apna pyaar ka haath thamo. Mere fikr mat karna....main khush rahunga."

A lone tear escapes from Riddhima's eyes. Siddhant jerkes in his sleep.

" I love you Armaan. Will you be mine?"

"Haan basket."

Armaan kisses her on her forehead. Just then a ringing noise echoed from a distance. The noise amplified in a crescendo as he kept staring at the united lovers. The spotlight in the basketball court enhanced, almost blinding him. Just then he woke up with a jerk. Alarm ringing, heart racing and beads of sweat trickled down from his forehead.

He sat up heaving a huge sigh of relief that it was just a dream. He rubbed his eyes and then ran his fingers through his black messy hair. It's been 5 years, and still everything to him was so vivid. That night, his eyes had burned every little detail of her open proposal in his brain. It's been five years....and he still couldn't forget about her. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, just then he saw a flash of her hazelnut colored eyes and his eyes swung open. He did tell her that he was going to be okay, be he never knew that moving on in his life without Riddhima would be this painful. He didn't know that he loved her to such an extent that it would pain him this much, and still he loathed the fact that she couldn't see it, it was not visible to her, because for her, Armaan was the apple of her eye. He pushed aside his blanket in frustration and put on his spectacles. He looked at his alarm clock and saw it was 4 in the morning. He got up and wore his slippers, he twisted his upper body until he heard a satisfying crack of his vertebrae. He laid down on the floor and started doing some push-ups. This small activities really helped him taking his mind somewhere else rather than Riddhima. After a little warm up, he slowly went towards his balcony and leaned onto the parapet wall and admired the scene in front of him: The sky was splashed with black and dark blue color, the clouds were moving with the forces of nature, the moon shying away behind the clouds, the trees were swaying in the wind, the earthy smell filling the atmosphere, he inhaled all the fresh oxygen and didn't exhale for some time, after that he let go all the air. A slight melancholic smile stretched across his lips, he didn't know where life would take him. He's supposed to feel this way, his 'life' is with another man now. The moonlight gave its full attention on him, his bare masculine body was now bathed in the moonlight, he let the wind embrace him. Just then his phone beeped.

"Iss waqt kaun mujhe message kar raha hai?"

He slowly went towards his bed and grabbed his mobile, it was a message. After seeing the name of the sender, he froze to the spot and his eyes slightly widened.

It was Shashank.