Chapter one

I ran up to mommy ready to go home and go to the park after we ate dinner. Mommy says food before I get to play, but all I want is to play outside. She picks me up and spins me in a circle. I giggle.

"I have a surprise for you, A." Mommy smiles, and puts me in the car. We drive home and listen to the radio. Mommy pulls up to our house and that's when I see a man sitting on the porch. It looks like he is sleeping.

"Alright baby A, go up to him and say hi."

"But I don't know him mommy, is it ok?"

"Yes honey."

I walk up to the sleeping man and say hello to him and he raises his head up.

"Daddy!"

"Hello princess! I was able to get off of work early, do you want to go to the park before dinner?"

"Yes, park!"

Mommy gives daddy a look that says no. I look at him sadly and then he puts me down, opens the door and tells me to go to my room so that mommy and him could talk. I went to the hallway and hid behind the wall so that I could hear what they were saying.

They start whispering.

"Stan she doesn't need to go to the park before dinner. We have talked about his before."

"No, Molly, you have talked about this before. We haven't. It is safer to go out now, while it is light out. I want my Aylie to be safe and there is a much better chance of that while it is light out. Plus it would build up her appetite. She hasn't been eating right since we starting fighting. She is a very smart girl, and she knows something is going on. I see it in her eyes."

"I don't care is she knows that something is going on Stan," mommy starts to get louder, I hate it when she yells. " she needs to eat before she plays outside. It's a rule. We follow rules in this house."

"So when you cheated on me with your 'work friend', that was you following rules? No Molly, I can't keep doing this with you. I have to leave. I've been thinking about it for a couple of months now. When I found out you were cheating on me with Derek, it tore me apart. I've loved you since high school, and I still do love you, I'm just not in love with you anymore."

"What about your daughter? You're just going to leave her like you never even knew her? Do you know how much that will destroy her?"

"She is young, she will forget about me in time. I love my daughter and wish I could take her with me, but I can't right away. I need to find stability in my own life before I put her back into it. I will send you the divorce papers in the next week. Sign them and give them back to me." Daddy started walking out of the kitchen and into my room. I ran to my bed and waiting for him to tuck me in.

"Hello princess." He looked sad and his eyes were watery. "Daddy has to leave for a little bit. I'll try to keep in touch and I need you to do the same ok? I'm going to miss you so much my baby Aylie."

"But you'll come back for me, right daddy?"

"I'll try baby girl. I don't know how long I'm going to be, but I'll try not to be gone for a long time. I'm leaving now sweetie." He gives me a kiss on the forehead and tucks me in for the last time and tells me he will never forget me.

"Goodnight daddy, I love you."

"Goodbye baby A. Sweet dreams."

He walked out of my room and I heard the car start. Mommy comes into my room and starts yelling at me.

"Its all your fault he's leaving! If you weren't so selfish, he wouldn't be leaving me. You're so useless, I hate you!"

"But mom-,"

"No. My name is Molly. You will not call me anything other than that!"

"Why mom-," suddenly I felt pain through my face and my head turns to the side. Mommy hit me.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................