♦prologue♦

All people crave a vantage point; a way to seem more significant than another; a way to feel a higher rank; a way to look stronger. Anyone can choose to take the lead of your own vantage point, but sometimes, the risk is bigger than the problem. You can lose anyone; anything with a single wrong move.

-----

WARNING!

This is a work written to be purely fictional; it is not meant to be offensive in any way.

If content relative to:

abusive language
possible slurs/death
weapons
detailed gore
physical assault

are a possible trigger for you, read at your own risk.

-----

With that,

Welcome to: Vantage Point

-----

TAEHYUNG

"Wait! I- hey man, I thought we were cool?"

A growl slips out of his lips. "Who the fuck said we were 'cool'? Did you leak the mission or not, Jordan?"

"I- Taehyung, we're best buds!" The man, Jordan, says and begins to sweat, fingers twiddling in his hoodies pocket. "Does it really matter if I did or not? I've been here since the start!"

"Now, Jordan."

"Okay, for Christ's sake I leaked the goddamn mission! I'm sorry, Tae. If I could go back in time, I never would've done-"

Betrayal. In a matter of seconds, a pool of blood leaks from Jordan's head onto the floor. Taehyung grinds his boot against his lifeless shoulder, kicking his head and making sure he wouldn't have a breath left.

"I can't fucking believe this," He sighs. "Joon, clean this up, will you? I've got shit to think about right now."

"You good, Boss?"
the proclaimed 'Joon' asks.

     "Later, Namjoon. Just get it done and make sure it's hidden well. I don't wanna deal with anything else today, 'Kay?"

Namjoon follows up with a small whistle. "Got it. Go and take a breather, we'll deal with it tonight with the others."

While Namjoon cleans the room up and disposes the body, Taehyung slams the door, face red and fists clenched. "That fucking bitch! Fucking piece of shit that couldn't keep his mouth shut, could he?"

"Whoa, Tae," someone murmurs from the couch. "Sit down for a sec, will ya?"

"Jessi, fuck off."

"I- well, okay? Yes-alright, we all get it, you're the boss but chill. You don't need to put all of this pressure on yourself." Jessi tries to calm him down. "Just sit, breathe for a bit, then you can go back to adulting."