[chapter 1]

Two raindrops raced down the side of the car window, as I stared at the enormous mountains in the background. I didn't see why it was necessary for me to have to transfer from Boston State, to the University of Denver. I mean Colorado is half across the country, why couldn't I have transferred to Florida State or something?

My mom claimed it would be a fresh start for me, a chance to make some friends and get social. If you didn't know by now, (which I doubt you did) I'm very shy. I don't like branching out farther than I should. I mean that's how people get attached, and at the end of the day get hurt. It's happened to me and I'm not good with pain, so the best way to get through it, is to prevent it from even happening.

"We're here!" My mom exclaims, clapping her hands like a kid who just arrived at Disney, which by the way I've never been to.

My mom is as you could say overly excited, obviously I take after my dad who on the other hand, is confined and kept to himself.

I exited the car slowly, and dragged my feet as we walked to the school entrance to figure which dorm I had. As you can tell I didn't want to be here, I mean there are so many other options but it's never the one that I want.

"C'mon sweetie, aren't you excited? This is you chance to finally make some friends, become social.." My mom exclaimed.

"Oh gee. How fun." I said sarcastically.

"Lose the attitude Brooklyn. You should be happy here, I don't understand why you're being such a downer."

"Well maybe if you listened you would understand I don't want to be here!" I growled. Okay, I know you shouldn't act that way towards your mother, but she pissed me off.

"Then why is that?" She pondered, growing angrier by the second.

"I don't want to be here. I don't like it here. I like my small family, my small town, my two friends and that what I want."

"Are you acting this way because of him? Is it because he-"

"Mother, we don't talk about him." I snarled.

"Okay.." She surrendered, putting her hands up.

Eventually we made it to the office, where they gave me the hall which my room is located and the dorm number.

After getting lost three times, we finally made it to my dorm; room 25B, Dillard Hall. I opened my dorm, and examined the room where I would be staying for 2 years. It was decent. I mean what could you expect from a college dorm. It had a TV, a mini fridge, bunk beds, a small kitchen as well as a small bathroom.

I was looking around a bit more until I noticed boxes in the corner of the room. Which disappointed me. I knew I was going to share a room, but I can't even make friends. How can I ever share a dorm with someone?!

After 3 hours of unpacking, I finally finished and was settled into my new 'room'. My parents left that same night to return to Boston as soon as they could.

I decided to skip dinner and wait until morning to have breakfast. I then got in to bed, until a knock at the door changed my plans. I went over and opened the door.

A perky brunette, with red streaks walked in. She was short, fairly chubby, but beautiful.

"Hi I'm Alice. You must be my new roommate!" She said with a smile, offering her hand for me to shake. I refused and turned away.

Well turns out she needed to get a different pair of shoes, and walked right out. I assumed she either went clubbing or to a fraternity party, or something along the lines of that.

I finally got to snuggle in bed. Leaving my worries behind, I closed my eyes waiting to see what my 'first' day of college here held for me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. I know, I know it is a bit short but hopefully as the story trails on the chapters will become longer. I also want to apologize about the whole college thing. I've never been to college so I don't know what it's like. And, I also want to apologize for any grammatical errors.

So besides that's Niall and the rest of 1D will be introduced in 2nd or 3rd chapter.

Hopefully I could update tonight, or possibly tomorrow.

Sophie