Lost & Found

"Who is that?" Baekhyun smiled playfully as he brought one of his fingers to his lips, sinking it inside his mouth before biting down on his fingertip lightly.

Minseok followed Baekhyun's eyes, trying to discover who he meant amongst the large group of people at the party. They had only just arrived, seating themselves on an empty couch after grabbing a few drinks. It actually took a lot of effort for Minseok to drag Baekhyun out of the house, dealing with Baekhyun's whining during the entire drive, upset about leaving his game. The whining usually continued throughout the evening whenever Minseok forced him out somewhere, so he was surprised Baekhyun was already past the pouting stage and earnestly taking interest in another person there.

However, it didn't take long for Minseok to discover why, spotting a tall man with broad shoulders and dark eyes, his appearance rivaling the faces of magazine covers.

"...I don't know." Minseok answered, "Why don't you go talk to him?"

Baekhyun turned his head to look over at Minseok, removing his finger from his mouth as he gave him a miffed expression, "Do you see how many people are surrounding him?"

Minseok smiled, patting Baekhyun's back, "Just make a grand entrance like you always do."

"I'm not going to make a fool of myself." Baekhyun whined, his lips jutting out into a pout.

"I guess just stay here and watch him then."

Baekhyun sighed, looking back over at the handsome stranger. Even for Baekhyun, the amount of people surrounding the man was intimidating. He really would feel like a fool, if he wandered up and tried to join in the conversation as if he knew any of them. Deciding to stay on the couch with Minseok, Baekhyun continued watching the man, wishing the crowd of people around him would eventually dissipate.

Baekhyun didn't even bother trying to be discrete about his staring, he figured the man would be far too distracted by his large group to notice anyone else in the room. And for the majority of the time he was, staring blankly forward as the people surrounding him carried on with their discussion. However, the man's eyes did seem to flicker in Baekhyun's direction on a few occasions. Baekhyun blushed each time, quickly turning his head away, even though he felt like the man was mostly likely just glancing off into empty space.

Eventually getting up and leaving to go to the bathroom, Baekhyun really hoped the man would be alone by the time he got back, or at least less fenced in. He spent extra time in the mirror, puffing his hair and adjusting the thin choker necklace he was wearing, pulling the clasp for the chain back behind his neck. He felt really nervous as he stared at his reflection, trying to motivate himself to actually talk to the handsome stranger before the night was through.

Returning to Minseok, Baekhyun sat back down on the couch, his eyes searching the room for his now three hour long crush. Minseok noticed him searching, and sighed as he shook his head at his friend.

"He left already."

"What?" Baekhyun asked, snapping his head to look over at Minseok with a panicked expression.

"When you were in the bathroom forever, he and his friends left."

"Why didn't you come get me?!" Baekhyun pouted, his eyes growing large in sadness.

"What, like you were suddenly going to approach him as he was leaving? You're the one who blew the opportunity."

Baekhyun sighed, slumping back in the couch, knowing Minseok was right. Minseok was always right.

"Let's just go." Baekhyun continued pouting, his bottom lip bulging out to emphasize his unhappiness.

Minseok laughed, nodding in agreement, "Okay, thanks for coming with me."