one

Niall readjusted his flower crown for the last time. He wasn't ready for school. Niall would be in year eleven this time, and the work was a bit extreme from what he had heard. He wanted to stay home. Niall had tried his best to convince his mother that homeschooling was still an option, but Maura was firm on her decision.

So niall would be attending the local school just as he had since he was old enough to go to school in the first place. It was a dreaful place. Niall had been lucky enough to escape physical bullying, but the verbal insults were enough to make him hate school even more than he originally did.

The insults didn't stop him, though. Niall was still going to be exactly who he wanted to be. He would wear his flower crowns and dye his hair different colors that he liked. Right now it was lilac, Niall's favorite color.

"Niall!" His mother called from down stairs. It was time for him to leave. His mother had always had a ritual of driving Niall to school the first day. (Ever since his first year). Considering he was sixteen, it was a bit odd, but Niall loved his mum too much to argue.

"I'm ready, Mum!" Niall called down. He grabbed his Vans shoes in his hands and walked carefully down the stairs. (He still was not used to them.) Maura tossed a banana at Niall, and he just did manage to catch it with his available hand.

"You look so good, Nialler," his mum cooed, brushing a piece of the lilac hair out of his face. He always had a piece of hair that fell in his face, no matter whether he had the flower crown in or not. "I like this crown. Is it real or not?"

"Not," Niall answered in a croaky voice. "I don't want to go to school, Mum."

"I'm sorry, baby," Maura answered sadly. "But you've only for two more years!"

"Only?" He whimpered.

"I'm sorry."

-

Niall was still pouting when he exited Maura's car. "Bye, Mum," he huffed stubbornly. He slammed the car door and stalked off before his mother could answer.

Niall didn't really want to talk to anyone today. But still, his only friend Harry came bounding out of nowhere. "Hey, Niall!" He grinned, trying to poke at his friend.

"Mornin', Harry," Niall grumbled. He lifted his class schedule so he could read off his locker number. Unfortunately, it was the same locker he had the previous year.

In year ten, Niall's locker happened to be right beside Mark, a kid who was a year older and his favorite word became "fag" as soon as he laid eyes on Niall. That was the worst school year ever. The lilac boy could in no way be considered a religious person, but right then and there he prayed to any god listening that Mark would not have the same locker as he had last year.

And he didn't. Niall only knew that because there was already a boy standing right next to his locker. He was much taller than Niall (though, who wasn't taller than Niall?), and he was covered in tattoos. (He looked hot.)

Niall tried his best not to make eye contact. He had learned that no eye contact was the best way to avoid someone's very first words to you being "faggot" or "fattie." He just huffed softly to himself and hoped the tall brunette wouldn't see him.

He did.

"What's your name?" The brunette asked. Niall looked up in shock. (He had chocolate colored eyes. Niall almost melted.)

"Wha-What?" Niall stuttered stupidly. He understood the question. He was just shocked someone had even bothered to talk to him.

"Your name," the boy smirked. "I don't know a single mother that would name their child 'what'."

"Ni-Niall," he stammered again. "My name is Niall."

"Cute name for a cute boy," the punk boy winked. " 'm Liam." And then he was gone.

Niall was very confused. Why had a hot boy looked at him? Why had he asked for his name? The blonde figured he may as well not dred on it too much. Niall began setting up his locker and hoped that the rest of the year would be as good as this day.

-

"So he just talked to you?" Harry's boyfriend, louis, had decided to sit with Niall and him since it was the first day back. It was as if he was giving Harry a confidence boost. Niall liked him, but he truly did not really see Louis as a friend. "Liam Payne. Just out of the blue. Talked to you?!"

"I'm just as surprised as you are." Niall raised his hands up in defense.

Harry, who hadn't spoken a word since Niall began his tale, suddenly squealed in excitement. "Niall has an admirer!" Several people from other tables turned to see what the ruckus was about, but they turned away when the saw it was the ''faggot blonde.''

"H-How do you know he's an admirer? He could just be wanting to know his locker mate!" Niall had no idea why he felt so worked up about this.

"Do you not understand, Niall?" Louis butted in again. "Liam Payne is a year thirteen football captian. He's a punk, and never gives anyone mildly attractive in his year a glance. Him talking to you is a pretty big deal!"

Niall's face was flushed. He could feel someone's eyes burning into his face, but he refused to look up from his food.

"Niall," Harry whispered urgetly. "Liam is staring at you." Niall still refused to look up. "He's walking over here!"

"Hey, Niall," Liam said in a flirtatious tone. This time, Niall did look up. He saw some look in Liam's gorgeous eyes that he didn't really recognize.

"H-Hi," Niall stammered. His face flushed in embarrassment.

"Don't be embarrassed," Liam whispered in his ear. A little kiss was placed at the junction of Niall's neck and shoulder. And then Liam was gone again.

•-•

well

this started out pretty exciting omfg

i have no idea where to go from here

sigh

i guess this will be one of the stories that what happens depends on what mood i'm in???

i'm sad :(

but this is coming soon????

year eleven: about tenth grade for all my fellow americans

year thirteen: twelfth grade

so leave comments about this????

baiiii :(

1080 words

(6/09/14)