Julie's Dream

This was it-my life- making my dreams come true. The road seemed long and tedious, summer heat was penetrating through my clothes.
     I'd picked up hitchhikers- fallen spiders, irritating flies, hungry mosquitos, and Mr. Palmer's daughter, Jamie Palmer with her son.
      Deek Palmer- could ask more questions- than any person could answer.
     "Why mother- do you insist that we take this ugly dirt road? I could of stayed home, watched the tellie, hung out with my friends, and ate a pizza. "
     "Derrick Palmer, stop complaining about things, Miss Reymore was nice of her, to invite us along. I feel we can spend mother and son together time.
We both need this time. "
     "Ah- mother of the year. " Deek said.
     "Sh-Did you hear that?" Mrs.Palmer said.
     "Let me guess, Mrs.Palmer, " said Julie, "a stone spider,  or a snake covered in dry leaves. Maybe water trickling over rocks, in a nearby stream. "
     No words were spoken, Mrs.Palmer
tilted her head, "Julie- I thought you could be a mentor for Derrick. "
     "Well, now you speak my language, a Grand thought." Julie said. Not meaning it.
     "Oh- Deek, silence or nothing at all- works best for me."Julie smiles.
     Mrs.Palmer, "There is nothing to dinner with a little bit of help."
     As an icy chill come over Julie's shoulders, "Soon, we can camp, gather some firewood for a nice cooking fire.
Get water, fix a meal- hot dogs, skillet style, masters mac and cheese- deli style, and apples, that gathered off the boogie ground. " laughing at Deek.
    "The we can roast marsmellows, and drink some cold spring water." Mrs.Palmer said, winking.
     Derrick replied, "Can I go home,  have a delivery pizza?"
     Julie walks around Deek, slightly pushes Deek' s hair out of his face, "Our meal will be perfect, well- done, I am not talking about lean quisene, just kidding."
     "After our meal, we can have camp side stories. " Derrick replied.
     "Yeah," Mrs.Palmer said.
Clapping her hands, "I will not relive the past, son."
     "Fun, I will be taking their first step, including making my heart pounded story, an awesome time for the 'bad guy ',and  I feel good enough to break the wind." Julie starred in Derrick's eyes.
     Soon, after they ate, they reached a little run-down shack, brambles of rotting trees in the yard. Upgrown tall grass, covering the path."My Castle, " said Julie.
     "Your past, hope forgotten times, not worth mentioning. " Derrick said, pushing through the weeds.
     "Thanks, " Julie said and kept walking.
     "Let's get the party started, " sad Mrs.Palmer said.
     Derrick looks towards Julie's face,"Wanta race, to that dead tree stump?"
     "Sure,one, two, three- last one is a rotten tomatoe. Go." Said Julie.
     Julie said to herself, wonderful Deek, a shit-head in the making. Probably a fool, good as gold.
     Mrs.Palmer looking at shack,and almost fell in hole, stepping aside,as the grass brushes against her legs.
     She remembers the day, she was out here, it was beautiful, thirty years ago. Racing through the timbers, the wind blows in her hair, a storm, with dark clouds rolling in the sky.
     Rain staeyes pouring, thunder rolled like a jet plane. Lightning streaks hits a dead tree,  she felt helpless, as the air force her to the ground. The fire blew came towards her. She screamed, as the little creatures scurries away. The rain tumbled down on her face, as the fire dies away.
     Soon, it was dark, the slopes turned into mud, water steeped in her boots, she was stuck, water raises higher.
     She fell down, every thing went black.
     She remembers waking up, there was needles in her legs, and blood running down her arm.
     She faced the horror besides her, a friend laid silent, she called out,"Henry ," several times. No answer. He was gone, and the man who lives in the woods, found her.
     She laid in the hospital, reading the Bible, praying for Henry, her husband to be.
     Later, she found out that Henry didn't make it.,
     She was looking for reachable holdings, her son. More rain continues, feeling pain before, she didn't want to live any of her past. The rag-doll, beaten up, "wait up, for me."
     "This dirty-nasty- slugging rainsto-rm, caused me to lose the race." Derrick said, with hurt in his eyes.
     Julie spit out of her mouth, "A souvenir is sitting on the porch."
     "A dangling spiderwed, I didn't think the wind was blowing that strong." Derrick said.
     "There's changes everywhere,  we can have fun," climbing the porch steps.
     "True, Julie, walks of life, and the walls of the past, becomes memories,
this covers me. My vision was a terriblemoment in childhood. I have so many pages to fill." Wrapping her arms around Derrick'  shoulders.
     Julie bowed her head down, "Walk into my temple, perhaps the fear will give in , and we shall feast up, mother and child. There are many stories and storms waiting. "