Introduction

"How is it you never notice that you are slowly killing me?" -Olivia O'Brien

Moonstruck: adj. Mentally deranged, crazed, supposedly by the moon's influence.

Although this chapter's a bit short for a song, listen to Monster by dodie.

...

When the world ended, she laughed.

It wasn't intentional. Just a small squeak, barley a giggle, escaped her. The more the dark talons clawed their way into her brain, the more they took hold of everything she knew and refused to let go, the funnier it got.

Not soon after, she was on the floor, laughing so hard her lungs could barley expand enough to take in the precious little true oxygen that would be left on the planet. Her choking squeals were boomingly loud but at the same time almost eerily silent, as if they could make no sound because none could hear them.

The talons found what they needed and ripped it away, stealing it from her mind forever. Gone.

Her laughter cut off abruptly, as if the weight of the world suddenly dropped on her shoulders for the first time, long after it should have. She crumbled to the floor.

Then she crumbled to dust.

...

Thank you so much for reading! More uploads are definitely on the way! 😁

If anyone was wondering, you're actually reading this 'chapter' (although it's really just a few paragraphs) a good three months after I wrote it (if you're reading it as soon as I publish it, which, all fairness, you're probably not,) so... yeah. Hahaha. 😅 I was a little nervous to actually put my writing out there.

So, um, any comments/questions can go here. I welcome critique. (Constructive criticism, please. I understand if you don't like something, there's no need to all-caps 😫 about it. There are better ways to do that.