Former MVP

I never expect that I will come this far , Can you believe it? I'm a Former USA volleyball player and MVP now. I'm Kay Miller, and this is the story of my life. When I was in gradeschool , my first sport was chess, my father taught me the functions of each pieces, we play chess all the time until I became good at it. It was 2010 and I was in grade four,, I was the representative of the grade 4 level. I fought with grade's 5 and 6. I didn't expect that I was the champion. It was an honour for me. The game was very hard but just focus and enjoy the game. After two years, I graduated gradeschool at University of Bricks, and I was the athlete of the year, I was so proud of what I achieved in sports. It was summer my mom invited me to watch volleyball game. Mom said, "baby? Lets watch a volleyball game this summer at Lava Spring." I said, "MOOM?! I don't have time for that." Mom said, "Please? It would be fun in there." Well, I said "YES". We were heading our way on Lava spring, actually that place is a country club, where all sports are being played. We arrived there late afternoon and the game is about to start. The announcer said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, lets start the volleyball tournament" yeah, the game has already started, this battle is between the US lady spikers and US lady maroons. As the game started and it looks like interesting, many people watch and the gym are full of Noise. In that time I started to like volleyball, after the game we went home. My mom admitted to me that she is a volleyball player in her time, she shared to me her experiences. So I was so shocked, and I got inspired in my mom. After a few months I enrolled at East High School. I joined the training, but my parents won't let me. And so, it was my first day in East High, I met new friends, I had my bestfriends namely Bianca Foster and Carla Vest. These two young ladies are behind my back they are my bestfriends, they motivate me to join the volleyball varsity but my parents won't. 1 year past and I was in 3rd year, because my goal now is to join the varsity, and thank God my parents allow me to join, I trained hard, but when the examinations starts. My grades are failing, I got low grades, and since our system is fast, I can't or its hard for me to catch up my make-up quizzes, so what I did for me to catch up the quizzes is that I stop playing volleyball , it was really hard for me to stop volleyball because this is what I dream. It was March and I passed the exam ,Good thing I passed. In the following day, it was the recognition day, I receive a certificate of Outstanding in Language, Outstanding in Foreign Language, and Outstanding in Mathematics. I feel so glad that I survived this challenges. After 2 months, I was already in 4th year, Bianca and Carla are still my classmates, then I join the try-outs, I'm so happy that I got into the team. The name of my team was US the wildcats. We've been practicing every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It was early in the morning and when I woke up, "WOOW!" 25 miscalls from coach , I ate my breakfast and my phone rang, coach said," Kay where are you? I need you here now!" I said, "but why co?" coach said," we are lacking open spiker and I need you" I said," of course coach, why would I refuse?". I can't explain how happy I am, I was really amaze when I heard that, you know being a pen spiker is not easy. You need to put the ball down to the point. I arrived at the gym in 7:50 am, my coach approach me happily. He directly trained me spiking, we have drills, and other stuff. After a year, we had meet of Brazil. Luckily we won the game. Until we reach to the finals. I was the MVP of the game, because I did my best to contribute in the game. But after that game, it's time to leave the High School life, can you imagine that? The time is so fast. The Graduation Day, we prepare songs and stuff. Our song titled is "The Legacy" composed by our schoolmate Tara. While preparing for the Graduation, me and my teammates had a meeting about what school are we going to take, some of my teammates are going to the other country, some have financial problems. But me, y parents decided that I will take in the Harvard University. So, here the Graduation Day has come. My Classmates and Schoolmates are crying while singing the song. A memorable afternoon to us. The life that we'll never forget. After the Graduation we had a celebration with my family and relatives. My auntie said," Congratulations to my dearest Kay Miller, A young intelligent woman and a Former MVP of the family soon." I said," thank you tita, in God's Will". On the next day, we went to Harvard university to take the entrance exam and try-outs. Instructor said," what course will you take ma'am?" I said," Commerce sir"(said politely) . After I take the exam, I directly go to their gym, when I entered the gym, unbelievable. It was big and the court was very nice. When I was walking on the side, I met a woman. I said," Good day ma'am, do you know the name of the coach here?" Woman said," Are you Ms. Miller?" I said," yes ma'am" Woman said," well, I heard a lot good things about you. You were the MVP in the East High right?" I said," yes ma'am" Woman said," well let's start the show, now change your clothes and I am ready to challenge you,". That woman was so scary, after I change my attire. There are many volleyball balls. As the try out starts. It was really terrifying .Until I'm one of the varsity . The School year starts and I met new friends, Thai and Joshua. My 1st year college best buddies. Bianca and Carla are still at my side, they support me. The Acquaintance party starts and it was late night, we had disco, met new friends. I dance with Joshua, and suddenly I bump to a person, a fell on the floor and the person help me. As the person helps me, I look at the face and I was shocked!, He was handsome, I repeat "He"? he is a boy. That boy was Kevin, My First Love. He is a Senior basketball player. He is also a MVP. Kevin said," are you okay miss?" I said," yes yes, no need to worry about". On the Following week, I started to focus on the volleyball, many match was played I was the MVP. Until I Graduated in college. I was inspired because of Kevin. Until the US Team hired me as a Former player. We played in different countries. We beat them and the US achieved the 1st place. The Champions, I was declared a Former MVP.