Chapter 10 : The Speech

Cala's POV

I couldn't find Hilda anywhere. Even though I checked every corner of the isle, I still couldn't find her. I was more than worried.

I stopped and looked around. Inkwell has been always a quiet place. Something around 1,000 people lived in there. Yes, only 1k.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps from behind.

"Isn't too late for hanging out?"

I turned around and saw Sally Stageplay!

"First, do not scare me like that again and second, what are you doing here?" I crossed my arms.

"I was looking for Bonnie, I can't find her anywhere."

"Guess she ran away from you." I joked.

"You're not helping me, Cala Maria."

"Right, sorry." I apologized, then chuckled lightly. "Anyways, have you seen Hilda? I can't find her anywhere." I asked her.

Sally thought about it and said "I saw her walking into Inkwell Isle 2, so guess she's in there."

"Thanks!" I smiled and walked to the sea. I jumped into the cool water and swam to Inkwell Isle 2.

Hilda's POV

I was in Inkwell Isle 2, trying to find a place where I could be alone for a while. Then I found it. I walked past Beppi's roller coaster and went to Quadratus' small lake.

(Btw if you don't know who Quadratus is, it's this boi:

...the one who tells you how much you suck at Cuphead :P)

I walked around the lake and climbed on one the "standing" rocks by the lake. I sat down on them and looked down at the small lake.

The water in it was calm, standing on its place. But then, Quadratus' happy face appeared. He noticed me and asked "Hello m'lady, looking for something?"

"It's nothing." I shrugged.

Quadratus has been always having that wide grin on his face, it was a bit creepy.

"Do not say this, darling. I can see you've met someon- you've fallen in love, didn't you? " Quadratus was about to start rhyming, but gave up fastly.

"Well obvi- h-how do you know?"

He laughed "I can see it in your eyes. You're bad at hiding."

"Okay...I've met someone new and I've fell in love with them.."
I played with my skirt "...and I want to know if they're in love with me too."

"It's that cute mermaid from Inkwell isle 3, isn't it?" He already knew.

"Well, yes, but--- how do you know that?!" I asked, impressed by his cleverness.

"Because she's right behind you."

I quickly turned around and saw her. Cala Maria.

"C-Cala? You've heard our conversation?" I stuttered.

Cala nodded and sighed "Why did you run away, Hilda?"

I looked down "I just panicked, okay?"

"Why do you love me anyway? I just want to know, because who would love someone like me?" Cala asked.

I took a deep breath and looked up at her "You know why? Because you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I don't care about your size or your fish tail. If I would get lucky and be yours, I would act to you like you were my queen,"

"because I'll probably never meet a better girl than you. If you would be mine, I would carry you in my arms everyday and say the best compliments to you. I would make the biggest castle from the softest clouds and the brightest stars only for you,"

"because you would be my queen. Your smile? It makes my day. Your eyes? I want to drown in them. Your body? Soft like a pillow, but strong as a lightning."

"Listen to me Cala Maria, you're the best thing that entered to my life. Maybe you're straight, but that won't hold me back. You can go find a boy that would love you. I wish I could be the one that you fell in love with, my life could be completed,"

"All I wanted to say is...I love you, so much." I said what I wanted. It was all in my heart.

Cala was just standing here, but I could see her eyes getting wet. Then tears appeared in the corners of her eyes.

"Hilda...I.." Cala couldn't believe it. "I love you too!!"

She hugged me with all her might, so I couldn't move. I loved that feeling anyway. I was also surprised by her words. She really loved me back.

"Hilda...did you mean it? All those beautiful words?" Cala asked, sobbing.

"Of course I meant it, why would I lie to you?" I chuckled.

Cala kissed my head and then looked at me "I love you Hilda."

"I love you Cala."

Cala let go of me after a moment and I took her hands in mine. We stared in eachother's eyes for a while. As I said, I wanted to drown in her ocean eyes.

Quadratus was watching us, but we didn't care. I was paying attention only to my pretty mermaid.

"So, we're dating now?" I asked.
Cala let out a small giggle "I think so, but I have to go now, it's getting late."

I looked up. Cala was right, it was late.

"But I'll see you tomorrow, right?" I asked, placing my hands on Cala's cheeks. Cala smiled "Of course, what about we meet at your observatory?"

"Sure" I nodded and kissed Cala's nose. Cala blushed a little and said "Bye, Hilda."

"Bye Cala!" after what I said that, she disappeared under the water.

Oh, I love that mermaid...
One day, we'll live together in one house!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
911 words