Plan: Sabotage

Every Saturday morning was the same. Jinyoung would be over at Mark's shared apartment for lazy lounging day on the couch. Jinyoung would be sitting on the couch reading a book while Mark's head laid on his lap browsing on his phone. The television was only on to fill the void of silence.

Jackson Wang, Mark's flatmate, walks into the living room stretching his arms above his head as a yawn escapes his lips. His eyes slowly land on Jinyoung and Mark on the couch, but it doesn't seem to faze him. Instead, he continues to stretch his arms while lazily making his way to the kitchen for a morning breakfast. The position Jinyoung and Mark were in is nothing Jackson haven't seen before for the last two years. Opening the fridge to grab out a carton of orange juice he pours himself a glass cup of that juice. Taking a gulp of the drink his other free hand goes to card through his recently dyed blonde hair. "Don't you guys ever get tired or bored of 'lazy lounging day'?" Arching one of his eyebrows up in question he places his drink down on the kitchen counter. Without taking his attention away from his phone Mark answers the question easily. As if this question had been asked a thousand times before.

"No, we both like staying in on a Saturday and prefer not doing anything." The answer came out dry and stiff. Like Mark was questioning Jackson's friendship with him because 'We lived together for two years. You should know this by now?'.

Rolling his eyes Jackson points his index finger at the two of them, "But don't you guys do that every day ." Jackson had a point, Jinyoung had been to their shared apartment so much that the blonde had once asked Jinyoung 'Why don't you just move in with us?' But the younger male denied the offer explaining how there isn't a third room in the apartment and he's not quite there with Mark to share a room together. Mark didn't seem to have questioned the answer only shrugging his shoulders. But Jackson had taken note of that, wondering what the younger guy had meant.

The voice of Jinyoung pulls Jackson from his thought as he looks towards the younger who had spoken. Like Mark, the black raven hair male didn't bother to put down his book to look at the direction of the blonde. "We do, but I get to stay here longer on Saturday." That earns another eye roll from Jackson.

"As long as you two aren't sick and tired of spending time with each other every second, every minute, every hour, of every day. Then that's fine by me." Grabbing his now empty glass cup he goes to rinse it off the kitchen sink and placed it on the dish rack to dry. Turning around he goes back down the hallway to his room. The door clicks shut announcing that Jackson has just entered and closed his bedroom door.

Hearing the door click shut Jinyoung places his book down slightly, but away from Mark's head. Was he hanging over here too much? As if hearing Jinyoung's thought, "I'll never get tired of you Jinyoungie." Mark announces, head still laying on Jinyoung's lap. Head slightly tilted upward to look at Jinyoung. The sight had Jinyoung's heart fluttering. It was so hard for him not to fall for Mark. Given how much nonsubtle hints he had given the older male that he liked him, he was now pretty sure Mark doesn't feel the same way as him. So he decided to be Mark's best friend was the next best thing he could have.

Shifting his book to hold with his left hand only, his free right-hand fingers go to run through Mark's light brown hair. If Jackson had stayed out here longer he would be puking by now. This scene was so domestic and sickeningly sweet. It was amazing to Jinyoung how Mark never questioned if this was way more intimate than a best friend should be. Reminding himself to play his part as a 'best friend' and nothing more he moves his hand from running through Mark's hair to giving him a flick to the forehead.

"You dork," he scoffs pretending to go back to his reading. In the corner of his eye he sees Mark pout as he goes to rub his assaulted forehead, "but I'll never be tired of you too." He adds on seeing Mark's pout quirk up into a smile.