Leaving Home

I need to move to a new country because of transfer of my Mom. New country, new beginning, new friends and a wonderful life. I am very excited for it and a little nervous too.

Our bags were packed. We were ready to move. I'll miss my country - America a lot. Our flight was of 10'O clock next day morning. I decided to meet my all friends for the last time.

I decided to meet Ariana - my best friend, my half of the life. I went to meet her on my favourite bi - cycle, enjoying the long route. She opens the door when I ranged
the bell. She was so surprised to see me.

" Hi Ariana. " I said.

" Hey Ammy. What's up? Please come in. " She welcomes me.

" No I am fine here. I just came here to meet you for the last time. I am leaving for Cambridge tomorrow early in the morning at 8. " I informed her.

" Ohh, that's so sad. I'll miss you a lot. " She said.

" Me too. That's why I am here to meet you for the last time. I just wanted to take good memories from here. " I said.

" So, who's next on visiting list? " She asked.

" I don't know. " I replied.

" Hey, why don't you do one thing? " She exclaimed.

" What's that? " I asked.

" Why don't you visit your opposites and other classmates too? That will definitely leave a positive image of yours on them and you may lessen the count of your opposites too. You'll get a bucket full of good memories with you to Cambridge. Good idea no? " She shared her idea with me.

" That's a brilliant idea. But... . " I stop.

" Go. You'll feel good. Good bye Ammy. I'll love you forever and you'll me best friend for my whole lifetime. Have a safe journey. " She said.

" Same here. Thanks for the idea Ariana. " I replied.

" Remember, no thank you and sorry in friendship. " She said.

" Yah. " I replied.

I left her house and went back to my home. I was thinking about her idea all they way to my home. Home was all mess from inside. Packed bags were kept aside but the other stuff to be transported was lying here and there on floor.

I went upstairs to my room. I sat on the bed and think upon the idea. I calculated it be of great worth.

I stand up and sat on my desk. I took out my project - craft papers and started to make cards. I made 7 cards for my opposites, 11 for my other classmates and 10 cards for ma'am and sir.

Firstly I decided to visit my opposites. They were very happy to see me on their doors with cards. I too feel very proud of Ariana. They do handshakes in order to be friends and peace and promised me to remain in touch when I went to Cambridge.

After that, I visits my other classmates and teachers. All wishes me luck and prayed for me. I felt very happy listening to their kind and soulful words. I thanked Ariana from the depths of my heart.

Rest of my day just passed by helping Mom in packing and cleaning. Many relatives, neighbour and family friends came to visit us. We both get very tired at the end of the day.

Whole night I was not able to sleep. Thinking about how I'll manage in new school without any of my friends? There were butterflies in my stomach whole night. I was very nervous about it. However I tried hard to sleep and felt asleep after two hours nearly at 11.

I woke up next morning with buzzing alarm. I fresh up and came down for breakfast. Mom was already in kitchen making breakfast.

" Good morning Mom. " I wish.

" Good morning sweetheart. Come breakfast is ready. " She replied.

I sat on the table waiting for the breakfast. She seems to be little exhausted.

" Are you alright? You are looking so tired early in the morning. " I asked.

" Ohh, it's nothing sweetheart. I was just not able to sleep well last night. " She replied.

" Is there anything else - which you are hiding frome me? " I doubted.

" Nothing sweetheart. It's just because of load of shifting. " She replied.

" Okay. But if you are hiding something from me then please share it with me. " I said.

" I'll definitely sweetheart. " She said. " Here you go." She placed plates in front of me.

" Thank you. " I said.

She smiles and sat beside me for breakfast. After taking it, we were just about to clean the table when the door bell ranged.

I opened the door. I dropped my jaw sawing all of them. All my friends, classmates, teachers and relatives came to visit me. They all brought flowers, cards and gifts for me. Happiness was clearly seen on my face. I thanked all of them and have the best laughter ever. It was so kind and sweet of them.

The cab was ready outside. We both finally took a round through the house to check whether any thing is left or not. We both were smiling, holding hand in hand with our eyes filled with tears.

It's very difficult to leave the place where we are born and lived there for 16 years. All of the furniture was in truck for transport because of which the house look so empty.

Finally after this, we went out of the house, took our bags and locked our sweet home. We both were crying. The cab driver blew horn to move. We sat in the cab and left for the airport.