#3: The story of The Old Man Behind The Door

(art isn't mine! I hope you enjoy!)

papyrus POV: so, i'm a sentry in snowdin. i have to watch to see if any humans fall down, but i don't really feel like capturing anybody. it's kinda boring, just sitting there, waiting for something to happen. so one day, i decided to go for a small walk. y'know, just explore a bit. i walked around, deep into snowdin forest, when i saw it.

there was a huge door, just sitting there in the forest. i thought to myself, 'man, this would be perfect to practice knock-knock jokes on.' so, that's what i did. i came there, day after day, just practicing my jokes, maybe a little stand up here and there. i never got an answer to 'knock-knock', and i didn't expect one anyway. until one day. i did my usual "knock-knock" to start the joke, but then, there was an answer. "Who's there?" said a deep voice, possibly belonging to an old man.

i was a bit startled, and very surprised, so i did the only thing i could think to do. "dishes," i said. then the old man said "dishes who?" and i said, "dishes a very bad knock-knock joke." then the old man howled with laughter. that kinda made my day, to be honest. a genuine laugh for one of my awful puns. it was just a tiny bit of sunlight in this dark underground.

anyways, i kept telling my jokes, and kept making the old man laugh. then, he knocked. "knock-knock." "who's there?" i say. "Old lady," he responds. "old lady who?" i said. then he answered, "I didn't know you could yodel!" well, i just started laughing and laughing. we kept going until my bro called me, then i had to go. sans gets cranky without a bed-time story.

i came back the next day. and the day after that. i kept coming back, and we kept making each other laugh. but then one day, the man wasn't laughing too much. i asked him what was wrong, and he said, "If a human ever comes through this door, could you please, please, promise me something? Watch over them, and look after them, ok?" now, i didn't know how to answer. i'm a sentry, after all. it was my job to capture humans. but i just couldn't say no. after all, he had laughed-genuinely-at my awful puns. so of course, i said yes. he thanked me and thanked me, and i said it was really no problem at all. 

after that, we went back to normal. we told many, many more jokes, and we both made each other laugh ourselves silly. but recently, he hasn't been answering. i'm wondering what happened to him. maybe he's just busy?...

A/N: hOi! i hope you enjoyed this chapter! this took a while to do, and i'm very happy with it! i'm wondering what the next chapter should be about

A/N: hOi! i hope you enjoyed this chapter! this took a while to do, and i'm very happy with it! i'm wondering what the next chapter should be about. maybe US! sans' final encounter with the human on the genocide route? or maybe US! papyrus' battle with the human? choose one of these down in the comments, or request your own! (no OC inserts please.) i hope you guys have an awesome day/night! bOi!!!1!!                                                                                                                                              -Tem Rio <3