The Way You Look Tonight

Francis stood over the old stereo that sat upon the kitchen counter, and had been for years, flipping through the stations. He paused, hearing the sound of footsteps shuffling down the hallway, hearing the sound of a door opening as a sleepy Brit made his way into the kitchen. He walked over to Francis, wrapping his arms around him from behind. Francis settled on a station, reaching down and letting his hands rest over Arthur’s.

“What’s wrong, mon cher?” he asked softly, a soft smile turning up the corners of his lips. Arthur let out an exhausted huff.

“You left me,” he muttered. “Why are you even awake?”

“I couldn’t sleep,” Francis replied. “I didn’t want to wake you…”

Arthur gave a half-hearted roll of his eyes, letting Francis turn around and take hold of his hands, as the last song ended and another song began.

“Dance with me, mon amour,” he whispered as Arthur rested his head on his shoulder, burying his face in the crook of his love’s neck. The Brit just nodded, and Francis positively beamed, or, beamed as much as a person who hadn’t slept at all that night could, and leaned his head against Arthur’s, letting Tony Bennett’s voice flow from the speakers and guide their feet across the kitchen floor.

“Someday,
When I’m awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you,
And the way you look tonight.”
The words ceased for a moment, giving way to the notes of a piano, and Francis touched his nose to the side of Arthur’s cheek, his hands slipping down to hold his waist, as the Brit’s arms became wrapped around Francis’ neck. And they continued in their little midnight dance.
“Oh, but you’re lovely,
With your smile so warm,
And your cheeks so soft-“

Francis chuckled softly and tiredly, bringing his hands to cup Arthur’s cheeks, tilting up his head and giving him a quick kiss. Arthur smiled and let out a soft laugh, leaning his forehead against his.

“-There is nothing for me but to love you,
Just the way you look tonight.”
The words paused again, Francis pulling Arthur closer by the waist, smiling as their lips brushed together and their eyes met. 
“You’re beautiful,” Francis whispered.
“I love you,” Arthur replied softly.
“With each word, your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart…
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart-“

Arthur smiled, letting his fingers brush against Francis’ chest, a little to the left, the silver band on his finger glinting in the dim kitchen lighting. And then Francis started to sing along, whispering the words in Arthur’s ear, because of course he knew all of them, the damn sucker for classics that he was.

“-Lovely…
Never, never change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won’t you please arrange it?
‘Cause I… I love you!
Just the way you look tonight~”

Francis held onto Arthur’s hips, kept their foreheads pressed together and the Brit’s arms around his neck, moving him across the kitchen as his whispered words faded into a hum.

“Just the way you look…
Tonight.”

~*~

Okay, I gave you guys a break from the angsty-ness. *Huffs* This is too sweet. Don't get used to it.

The link to the song used should be over there --->>> If not, this is the link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VywfSHIdIkk).

I hope you liked it ^^ Please comment your opinions and rate it.