The Top of the Hill

Committing time to a person is not easy work. In fact, it's harder than anything I've ever done. But it was nice to feel wanted for a change. Most of my friends don't have time to hang out outside of school because they have sports or have homework when I know their just goofing off and playing some video game. The only other thing they could be doing is hanging out with their girlfriends.

I always thought that girlfriends were an absolute waste of time. I could be playing a sport or doing homework instead of going out to dinner or going to the movies. It wasn't until last year that I met a girl who changed my mind.

She never came off to me as pretty or funny, but the more we talked the more I learned about her and the more I realized how much I liked her. My whole world changed the day it hit me that she was the one I wanted to take to dinner and enjoy a movie with. Now every time I get near her it's hard for me to breath and I stumble over myself to find the right words to say.

Sadly, I don't see her much anymore because she goes to a different school than me. I only get to see her around once a month at this local event at a golf course near my house.

But I told myself that I wouldn't let that stop me from making her mine. I didn't sleep last night because I knew last night I had one of the most amazing moments in my life and all we did was sit at the top of a hill for about five minutes. It was worth every second because I could feel a breeze that made her hair look absolutely beautiful. That moment made my heart jump into my throat. That hill will forever be where the wind blows.