11

Jade.
Im in control of my own fate. The moment Zayn let go og the steering wheel, I assumed I was dead. But I realized that everyone has a miracle. My one is waking up from a really, really long dream. My story begins right here, not rumors or stories that challenge assumptions over facts, but a story that has caused the end to my fairytale. My life has been drifting over the raging storm of unconsciousness and void over the time I spent laying, not particularly dead, on the highway road.

I have not been aware of time, but when my eyes open, the skies are kissed with stars. My eyes flood with tragic horror and, sadly, I'm only the audience watching. Zayn's senseless body is laying right across me, his mouth pooling with dark red blood, he appears too far gone. I try to get up, or even roll onto my hip but before I can, it immediately hits me. Everything hurts, I honestly preferred it much more before, when all I could do is watch and not feel. I am fully convinced that the agony is the only thing keeping me alive. Maybe I'm still alive, but my heart is beating slow.

Then the lights of another car start flickering, blue and white specifically, soon after I drag my injuried body to lean against the remainings of what used to be the car door, i can hear tires harshly tearing against the ground, but it can't belong to a police car. The lights aren't bright, but they're enough to hurt my eyes. My eyes start to flutter and the taste of copper fills my tastebuds, but i can't figure out what it is.

I look around through the cavity that's aside the dangling car handle, and the first thing that appears through the door of the foreign white car is a gun, and then a dark shadow. My eyes stay glued on the moving shadow as he makes his way towards Zayn's, almost  dead, body. I'm too far away, i think to myself. I'm too scared, perhaps more scared than injured, to make a slight manoeuvre. I try to attempt to take off and run before the shadow does anything irreversible, to help Zayn, who is in much more pain than I am, but I'm unsuccessful. My each breath is too intense, brutal in fact. it doesn't command my attention immediately, but the world is slightly spinning, but not spinning enough for me not to notice a split bone hanging out of my knee, or the forgein metal object that's jutting out of my torso. There's too much damage. My mind drifts off when more of the shadows appear. I'm pretty sure that's when I die.